Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend a bottle/nipple with a slower flow than the Avent newborn? The flow on the Avent newborn is too fast and causes my daughter to cough and choke. Also, I think it's interfering with breastfeeding a little -- it seems like she's not sucking as hard at the breast because she expects the milk to come out faster.

Thanks for any suggestions.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
The Medela Haberman feeder. It was originally designed for feeding problems like cleft lip and downs. You turn it different directions to regulate the flow. MY lc only uses this one as it really helps to prevent the baby from preferring the bottle. The main problem is they are $25 each! Yikes! They worked for us, though. Good luck. Hopefully the ones mentioned above will work as they are less expensive. Oh, the Medela fit right onto the Medela bottles you use w/ a their pumps. If you are using one of their pumps and have the bottles you can just buy nipples for less.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
My dd prefers the Platex slow flow natural latch nipple. It's not the flat one they have, it has more of a "breast" type shape. It's also much softer than the Avent one. It's the only one she'll take, but we are transitioning to a cup! She has one that she is currently playing with to get her used to it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts