Mothering Forum banner

In your opinion, what is the best brand of TV Dinners?

• Amy's Kitchen

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Healthy Choice

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stouffer

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Lean Cuisine

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Kashi

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Smart Ones

• Store Brand

• Other (Please Specify)

Votes: 3 13.6%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,482 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by saratc View Post
Since I'm not happy with the ingredients in the TV dinners out there, I make my own. I know it's not a brand, but I think the best TV dinners are homemade.

Cheaper, too. Although I must confess a weakness for Stouffer's macaroni and cheese -- it's different than my homemade mac-n-cheese, and it's a nice little treat (usually when we go to Grammy's house).

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by VikingKvinna View Post
Cheaper, too. Although I must confess a weakness for Stouffer's macaroni and cheese -- it's different than my homemade mac-n-cheese, and it's a nice little treat (usually when we go to Grammy's house).

YUM! Stouffer's mac n cheese is the ultimate comfort food for me - my dad used to make it a lot when I was a kid. It's actually just about the only mac n cheese that I like (which is good considering that nowadays I eat low-carb and no dairy, lol..it's easy to stay away from).

·
Registered
15,239 Posts
We buy Marie Calender's when we buy any.

There is another brand, Ian's I think that the kids don't seem to mind, but I can only find them at Wild Oats and not my local grocery store.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
I have been happy with Lean Cuisine, and I am really not a frozen-dinner lover. They have a Butternut Squash Ravioli dinner, that has lots of snap peas and carrots inside, and I am always surprised by how good the veggies look when I open it!

I also like the Santa Fe-style Rice & Beans dinner.

And I can get the dinners for $2 or less, so to me it's a good deal!

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Healthy Choice or Amy's Kitchen. I used to live on Healthy Choice dinners, but now I make and freeze instead. Sometimes I'll get an Amy's Kitchen dinner for a treat.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
I voted Amy's.

And I have to say, you threw me for a loop, because at the exact moment I clicked on this thread, I had another screen up with the Food forum of the SL forums, and you posted this poll there also,lol. I was thinking I was seeing things for a moment!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.