Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're taking a big family trip in June that involves both plane and car travel. I have an organic Moby that I love, but it can be a little time-consuming to get it wrapped right in a stressful situation, so I wonder if I should get a different kind of carrier for our trip? Is there a smaller option that's easier to get on and off and to pop DD in and out (she'll be 8 months by then)?

Also, does anyone know if you have to take your baby out of the carrier and/or unwrap to go through security (LAX to Midway)? We traveled a lot with DS at this age, but he hated wraps & carriers of any kind, so he was always in a stroller . . . TIA!

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
I love my Ergo. Pretty simple to put on (and put DC in). My dd is almost 9 months and a big girl.... All the other carriers hurt my back after a while and the Ergo doesn't. It only faces in, but my dd is happy that way.

I don't know about those airports, but I had to take DD in and out of the carrier when going through security.

Happy travels!

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I have an Ergo but I bought a Patapum for traveling to Chile last year. We brought no strollers, baby was just over a year old and we needed something fast & light. It worked very well.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by liseux View Post
I have an Ergo but I bought a Patapum for traveling to Chile last year.
Just curious . . . why travel with the Patapum instead of the Ergo?

·
Premium Member
11,487 Posts
I would recommend an Ergo as well. It will be easy for on and off, taking baby in and out.

Regarding security, you will most likely have to remove baby so be prepared for that. YOu may get lucky and they wand you as is; but chances are they will insist you take off the carrier and LO.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.