Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
I look into all of them (well as many as I could find) and I found that Birthing from with in was reall great. I liked ALACE. But I chose Bradley method I get lots of students with how popular they are and I really love what they stand for. its so cool. they all are really

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I am training with ALACE and love the course work....it is good training and complements my midwifery training aspirations! I have found that they can be slow in responding and you have to be on them, but they have had some internal changes in personel and that should be remedied now. I am begining to teach even though I have not completed all of my course work. I feel confident that I can teach with the Workbook and the knowledge I have aquired so far from ALACE and on my learning on my own.

Good luck with your training and teaching.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi,
I'm a DONA certified doula and I'm really enjoying my Childbirth Educator Program through Childbirth International. It is a correspondence class with book work, journaling and regularly scheduled chats. I love the philosophy of the organization and really respect the tutors. They also do payment plans which is really nice.

Sondee

·
Registered
330 Posts
I think you really need to look at where you will get your students from? there are so many methods out there. I forgot to say I also took the Birthnosis training (its like hypnobirthing) and I really didn't like it....at all. But I know that it works for some people. it just didn't work for me at all.

when I was pregnant with #2, the thought of doing any Birthnosis made me feel totally sick (I guess that feeling still has not left my system)

You have to think about what type of people you want to teach and what style you want and how much money you want to make. many of these methods are still very new and finding students might be really hard. Now everyone has heard of Lamaze but do you really want to teach that method? ALACE is still very new and so is Birth Works and many other ones.
Do you want to teach out of your home or the hospital?

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
I did mine through ICEA, but really no longer feel connected with that group and let mine go. I also certified with a local State program, that is still working for me, and it was patterned after Lamaze Int'l and ICEA.

Now I am a CD with DONA and did my Certified Lactation Educator with http://www.cappa.net CAPPA. CAPPA is really great, and has distance programs now too.

My favorite groups for CBE are CBI, CAPPA, Lamaze and ALACE. Good Luck!

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bradley method mom
Now everyone has heard of Lamaze but do you really want to teach that method? ALACE is still very new
just to clarify ( since I trained with a Lamaze program) Lamaze is NOT a method and has not been for many years.

ALACE has been around forever and was formerly known as Informed Homebirth ( Rahima Baldwin of Gentle Birth Choices was an active member of that one in the 70's)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.