Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may end up being induced at week 39 -- 2 weeks from now.

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...42#post4049342

and

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=365106

I am thinking i should get a manual breast pump beacuse if i need to induce natraully -- before drugs are started -- that might really help.

Also it might help with getting milk going, on top of the hormones being triggeed by the actual birth.

I will be SAHM and don't expect to really use it much; after the fact,

what breast pump is

on the cheaper side, but still good
easy to use
good enough to be useable for a while if i have to

(I know if baby does end up in NICU to ask for a hosptial pump while we are there and go from there -- sis had to do it when her boy was in NICU on full life support).

ETA -- anyone with expereince with teh Natural Comfort Electric/Battery Breast Pump. it is the one i registered for.

Just wondering. I am clueless.

Thanks

Aimee

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
You can get a breastpump even if baby is not in the NICU. Are you planning on using the pump at home to try and induce? Generally the electric pumps will work better and are less tiring. The Avent Isis I've heard is a good one though. If you're using it at the hospital, just use the ones they have.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I use the Avent Isis breast pump. Its pretty simple, comes with spare parts, and is small. I am also a SAHM and dont 'need' to pump. I do use it a couple of times a week, and havent encountered any problems.

Good luck on the birth of your baby! What an exciting time!

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
I've used both the Avent Isis and the Medela Harmony. I prefer the Harmony. It has a stonger suction and more control over the suction. It's easier to assemble and less problematic about maintaining suction.

I think it costs anywhere from $30-$45. This is actually what I used for pumping at work.

Good Luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.