Mothering Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm working on adding to my newborn stash and wanted to know which covers work best with prefolds. DS2 was itty bitty (6 lbs 4 ozs) and everything was massive on him, even his kissaluv 0's and XS FBs so I need something that can adjust really small over prefolds (to fit those skinny little legs). We currently have a few Bummis SWWs and an Imse Vimse (sp?).

Also, which covers work best for Kissaluv 0's? The Bummis SWWs didn't fit so well over them last time because they were bulky.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
I think the XS Thirsities (either the old or new versions) are great for newborns over Kissaluvs. They are more pliable than the SWW, which might be appealing.

Swaddlebees makes a nice, small fleece cover that I like over KL 0s, too.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Our favorite nb size cover was CotNwraps, and our second favorite was Imse Vimse. I think covers with gussets work best over a prefold, which means Thirsties are probably good too though I've never used them.

·
Registered
12,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow, it looks like I need to try some thirsties! Thanks mamas

·
Registered
742 Posts
Yup, Thirsties. We also had some Proraps, but much preferred the xs thirsties over PFs and KL0s.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Thirsties!

My DD was 6 lb 9 oz at birth with skinny legs. Love the gussets on the XS Thirsties. Also have some NB proraps, but they don't cover the prefold adequately. And the Bummis super whisper feel nice, but have no gussets.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.