Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DS is 27 mos & not really interested in potty training... & he's growing out of his diapers, so we will have to bite the bullet & buy more cloth diapers for him.

So far, we've used mostly a combo of BumGenius one-size & prefolds. Currently he still fits in his BGs (barely) & we're using some standard/premium-sized PFs with Thirsties Duo (size 2). He's not a big boy, but I kinda doubt he'll last in the Thirsties covers until 36 mos (which the website gives as a rough age limit)... but I could be totally off.

Any suggestions for (hopefully affordable) diapers that will get us through potty training?

Thanks!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Well, my 31mo old boy is using the xlarge motherease air flow and the thirsties large covers. They still have plenty of room yet and I expect they will last until he uses the potty (nothing happening in that dept. yet). We pin flats on him but fitteds & pfs would work too. He is about 30lbs., not chunky but solid, and grew out of the BGs around 2 years old. He also fits in the Happy Heiny xlarge pocket which we use for nighttime most often. Diaper Co had them for about $8 or $9 and Monkey Bunz had the large Thirsties covers for nine something with free shipping. The Motherease were given to us and I don't know how many babies have used them including ours but they still look fantastic besides fading of the print. We get by with 6 covers plus the HH pocket.

Hope this info helps!

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much! Glad to hear that the Thirsties likely will last & thank you for the other suggestions -- I will definitely check them out!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.