Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dd is almost 15 months and started walking about a month ago. Usually, I just let her go barefoot but we're going on vacation and she'll be out a lot in restaurants and the like. I don't want her barefoot. She has a pair of velcroe sandals but she pulls them off immediately and also a pair of sneakers that she absolutely hates. I would like to get her something comfy that she can't easily remove that will protect her feet. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
We buy flexible shoes (that we can bend easily with our hands) that have velcro. Yep, they come off immediately in the car but DS doesn't take them off when we are out and the velcro makes it easy to get them on and off--especially when they curl their toes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Robeez! My son LIVED in them from the time be was 4 months until we bought the Stride Rites below!! And even then, he STILL wore the Robeez!! AND he STILL wears them!!
Also, Stride Rite has a GREAT pair of First Shoes that are so flexible you can squeeze them in your fist! Matthew wore these as well....We LOVED them, too bad they only go to size 4!!

Good Luck...

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
I still really like Robeez, but when she walks outsidw a lot I have her wear stride rites. Target has knock off stride rite sandals on clearence right now. I got a pair for $3.75 and they are in the shoes dept. and they are great

·
Premium Member
5,038 Posts
We used robeez (bobux, isabooties, platypaws, there are so many options) a lot, but once they started running, I found I like something with a little more traction and a thicker sole for outside. Some good brands: pedoodles, see kai run, soft star shoes, merrell, ecco. Do the "bend test" and make sure that any shoe you put on your toddler can be easily bent in half, meaning that it has a super flexible sole.

Sorry, no time to provide links, but you should find all of the brands I mentioned by searching google.

HTH!

Lex

·
Registered
42,824 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by lexbeach
Do the "bend test" and make sure that any shoe you put on your toddler can be easily bent in half, meaning that it has a super flexible sole.
This is important. You should be able to EASILY bend the shoe totally in half with one hand. I have never seen a pair of stride rites that I could do that with.

-Angela

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.