Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any suggestions or tips?

We inherited a queen mattress which was fine for the two of us, but now we are three and it doesn't seem firm enough, especially when compared to baby mattresses.

TIA!

·
Registered
146 Posts
We ditched our queen mattress (shortly after DD came along and it was clear we were going to be co-sleeping indefinitely) and bought a king-sized (actually, we bought 2 XL twin mattresses that equal a king, since we were told it would be a lot easier to flip them than one large very heavy piece) futon like this: http://www.whitelotus.net/ProductDetail-18.html It's very firm and we felt a lot more comfortable with the quality, lack of chemicals used etc. and were really glad we made the investment.

·
Premium Member
4,587 Posts
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my organic latex and wool king sized mattress that I bought about a month ago. It is one of the most comfortable beds I have owned and is very firm, so I know DS is safe.

·
Registered
375 Posts
We have a King-sized futon on a platform bed. I never thought I'd like it, because before kids and co-sleeping, I always slept on squishy mattresses! I actually love it! We got a nice mattress pad to go on it, and we all sleep great!

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
I also vote for the king-size futon. I slept on a futon for years through and after college, and finally "graduated" to a fancy mattress-box-spring set that I HATED. I love my futon!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by momtosimon View Post
We just bought a King Tempur-Pedic and I LOVE it. I know some think its too soft for a baby, but its really more supportive than you would think. It doesnt swallow you up or anything.
I agree. I do not think it is soft at all. Another good thing about this mattress is, when DH enters the bed, the bed doesn't move or jiggle. DS doesn't know and continues to sleep.

Our problem is DS has all the good smushy feather pillows (pillow in between his legs, pillow under his head, pillow against his side). The rotten hard pillows are left for us.

·
Premium Member
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow! Thanks for all the replies.

Hmmm. We just bought the bedroom set (including the queen bed rails/head board/footboard) about a year ago ... I'm not sure I can justify the expense of a whole new bed set. Then again, Dh *HATES* the Arms Reach so maybe ...

·
Registered
743 Posts
we have a queen Tempur-pedic and we LOVE it! when DH and I bought it we were in a regular queen but the tempur-pedic feels bigger because you can sleep all the way to the sides! we are comfortable on our queen and I like my space. we dream of a king but we are just fine with the queen...that is if you don't want to buy a new bed set thingy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.