Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the VB aio and fitted patterns. I was just curious if anyone has had good luck with other patterns on their babies. I'd like to try to make some other than VB in case those don't fit the shape of our new baby.
Thanks!

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
I only started sewing my own diapers... hm... probably within the last month, so I obviously have no point of reference...

But I'm making sure to make some pre-fitted type diapers (basically like a contour, but with elasticized legs) just so I know *something* will fit! I guess PooPockets are basically that idea, but instead of elasticized legs they have gussets. But with no set closures, customizing the fit to your new babe is a cinch!

·
Registered
694 Posts
I haven't tried these on my new baby yet, obviously, but I'm making the Cuddlebuns pattern and subtracting an inch off the rise and an inch off the wings. I haven't finished any of them yet, since I had to take a break and make several regular sized Cuddlebuns for dd. I'm still making the smaller CB out of stretchy knit material, instead of flannel, which is what the pattern book suggests. I'm using stretchy fabric because I want these dipes to fit for awhile and I expect this baby to be a fatty like her sister (9 lbs, 1 oz)!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I am in the same position, as NB is due in January. I mad a couple of the newborn size out of different online patterns (eg Mamabird, Ottobre, Wee Waka) that were available to make sure I had different types. Also, the use of a snappy as closure is meant to give a much more adjustable fit. I also used the PP pattern and made some very thin ones (eg 1 layer stretch terry, inner layer flannel and booster hemp/flannel) to reduce bulk, as these are apparently a bit bulky on a newborn.

Cris
EDD 1/7/06

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.