Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting back into cloth diapering after having some diaper rash issues with prefolds when my daughter was really little (she's ten months now). I've ordered some fitteds to try and love how easy they are. I'm thinking about trying the prefolds again, though, especially since they will last a long time and are much less expensive.

I'd love to hear the pros and cons of organic cotton vs. hemp (or maybe some of each?) Any particular brands you recommend? How many do you think I need for a moderate wetter, doing laundry maybe every 2 days? Oh yeah, price is of course a consideration, too

Thanks, you guys have been a huge help -- I wish I'd found you instead of giving up early on!

·
Registered
10,399 Posts
OC prefolds are so soft! Here's a list of places you can get them:

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...16&postcount=9

I've tried Decent Exposures (my fave!), Diapers&Wipers, Gladrags, and Under the Nile, and I like them all. If you get them from It Is Sew Organic, you can choose your own fabrics!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great, thanks! I'll take a look at all of those. I noticed on some of the hemp prefolds I've seen it says not recommended for use with snappis, but I don't know why, does anyone else?

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'm fairly sure it's because the teeth in the snappis will bite into the knitted surface (the smooth side) and eventually leave holes in the prefolds.

Some prefold manufacturers will put the terry side of the fabric on the outside of the prefold for you if you ask for it - that gives the snappis purchase on the fabric without tearing it.

-E.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts