Mothering Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit me with it! What are the best online homeschooling programs? I've heard good things about time for learning but not sure. I've always used books and while it worked partly I just need something else. Tia!

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
Easy peasy homeschool is what I use and I loved it!

Reactions: SilverMoon010

·
Registered
51 Posts
My daughter uses beestar online pros, including worksheets of many subjucts for elementary kids. There are Sample Exercises on the site. you can have a try.
Plus, I think book learning is also great~
Lisa

·
Registered
8,487 Posts
OK. Editing because I'm not sure if I addressed your question. Do you mean "online" as in completely interactive while online? Or "online" as in the curriculum is there but most of the hands-on homeschooling is offline and less structured?

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
OK. Editing because I'm not sure if I addressed your question. Do you mean "online" as in completely interactive while online? Or "online" as in the curriculum is there but most of the hands-on homeschooling is offline and less structured?
I actually meant online as in a computer program for that grade level, but I can see how my question was confusing.

I actually decided to go with books again. I just love reading to my little guys and I don't want to forgo that, not yet anyway, and my soon-to-be second grader is reading so well that I want to expose him to even more live books as much as I can. I'm all set with my curriculum and excited for this year. I'll be implementing more fun learning activities with my 3-year-old as well, more so than last year, although homeschooling more than one child does tend to get a little more challenging, I would imagine.

I have more of an eclectic approach, although I do lean towards Charlotte Mason. I just ordered a history program from beautiful feet books that I'm really excited about as well.

I am definitely open to an online program as he gets older so I'd still love to hear others' experiences on that, and as my other gets older as well, as juggling the two surely would seem a bit more difficult and an online program may be my saving grace:grin:

·
Registered
8,487 Posts
OK. I had posted something about Ambleside Online! :lol I'm giving the full-on CM approach a rest this year because it was intensive and I have no idea how to do it while juggling more than one sibling. I think we'll incorporate some CM-style history in with the lessons, though.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK. I had posted something about Ambleside Online! :lol I'm giving the full-on CM approach a rest this year because it was intensive and I have no idea how to do it while juggling more than one sibling. I think we'll incorporate some CM-style history in with the lessons, though.
If you don't mind me asking, if your putting CM aside this year for a bit, what will you use since you have more than one child? More eclectic approach? i need all the help I can get when it comes to those who have been through it, teaching more than one in older grades, because I'll be doing it soon myself as well! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts