Mothering Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>I need to buy some gluten free flours (not mixes) online. Where would the best priced place?</p>

·
Registered
381 Posts
<p>King Arthur flours and Barry Hill Farms are great online companies who have good prices on gluten free flours. I've used them before and they seemed to be good quality. Shipping can get expensive because of the weight of the flour, unfortunately.</p>

·
Premium Member
11,487 Posts
I've found the best prices to be on Amazon (especially for orders that are eligible for prime free shipping).

·
Premium Member
8,750 Posts
<p>The best prices I've found are buying bags of grain through Azure Standard (if you're on the West side of the country) and grinding them myself.  They do have flours too though.</p>

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<p>Thanks! I'll look into those. I'm in Southern Kentucky.</p>

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<p>Crap. The King Arthur brand has potato in it. DD is allergic :(</p>

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
<p>We are plan to buy a Blend-Tec and to order grains through Azure so that we can grind them ourselves. It seems to be the most economical option while ommiting possible contamination.</p>

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
<p>you can get them super cheap at Indian markets. I got 5lbs bag of rice flour for $2! they have chickpea flour too which has a lot of protein! I paid $4 for that! NAK</p>

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
<p>there's no indian markets here :(</p>

·
Premium Member
9,138 Posts
Watch cross contamination in gluten free flours! I know you mentioned potato so you're likely aware of the potential. I wasn't and fed my kid nut trace forever.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts