Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a heck of a time finding playgrounds...

tell me about the coolest playground you know of, anywhere in Maine...

Thanks!

ps: the best one I've found so far is on the eastern prom in Portland, but I know there must be other ones out there!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well, I don't know about the best ever . . .but the Longfellow school playground in brunswick is my favorite - wooden structure with adjacent woods . . . .DD builds fairy houses here and plays hide-and-seek, then heads back for more swinging and climbing.

It's also just a short walk from our house!

·
Registered
940 Posts
In our town (North Berwick) there's a really nice playground at the primary school. And just a few years ago they created some nice paths in the woods adjacent to the playground, complete with foot bridges, benches, and bird/butterfly houses. There's lots of room for little legs to stretch and burn off energy.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by lizette
There's a really nice one at the elementary school in Gorham.
what is the name of the school?

·
Registered
433 Posts
there are soooooooo many, there is a nice one just off route one in yarmouth, maze craze in falmouth, wiscasette has a nice one just north on 27, deering oaks, payson park both in portland, yarmoth by the schools as well, where the hold the clam fest

can you tell we seek out playgrounds?

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Prensa
ps: the best one I've found so far is on the eastern prom in Portland, but I know there must be other ones out there!
that's the one we like!

we also like the one on the beach in So.Po. called Willard Beach...no swings but its still great because you have the sand too

·
Registered
57 Posts
We like the "new" one at East End (end of Congress St.), Deering school playground, and today we stumbled upon one in the most unlikely of places: OOB !! (Old Orchard Beach)
We scooted down there b/c my husband and I love Bailey's Lobster Pound lobster rolls on Pine Point and thought we'd get some to go then swing over to The Pier @ OOB to get the kids something and we'd all find a place to sit and eat so we went beyond Lisa's Pizza to the new park by the Chamber of Commerce and behold a very different playplace!

They had all kinds of stuff there neither my husband or I had ever seen before- heck, he and I tried it all out ourselves and I cannot remember the last time we played on the playground w/ the kids so much lol.
All these strange kind of stuff, some pictured here:
http://www.kompan.com/sw34600.asp

We were pretty surprised to find it there, but we promised the kids we could go back soon!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I know the playground near the beach she speaks of... and another basic one is behind Loranger middle school... by the firestation in OOB.
I was going to say that off of exit 36 in oob, take exit 1, make a left, go up to the light, turn left and Youngs school is right there... they have 2 great slides there, one curly and one straight chute... and another setup with some more slides...a nd over in the distance is some swings, handicapped and toddler or baby swings as well. something for everybody.
LJ

·
Registered
4,306 Posts
I like the one at the Blue Hill town park. There's a nice big lawn with picnic tables and it is right on the bay, so there's fun seaside exploring to do right there. The play structure is pretty fun and there are little play houses tucked in under the trees. There's also a porta-potty, which can come in handy!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.