Mothering Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to purchase a few different types of pocket diapers to compare how they work. However, I am only really familiar with Fuzzi Bunz. I am looking to find other comparable pocket diapers. I am not looking for an AIO or Prefold.

What do you think are the best pocket diapers?

What brands have tried?

Thanks for your help!

Have a healthy night!

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
What do you think are the best pocket diapers?
I have Fuzzis, Swaddlebees, and Wonderoos. I just really like the FBs. The swaddlebees are nice and I use those for naptime. But they are a little too trim between the legs and sometimes I will get some leakage. The wonderoos and supposed to be a one-size-fits-all kind of pocket. I used these if I haven't had time to do wash. They seem to fit better as DD gets older. But for your everynight diaper I gotta have my Bunz!

What brands have tried?
see above

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
I'm a fuzzibunz hater and a happy heiny lover. I like the aplix on the happy heinys and they've held up bettew wash-for-wash against my fb.

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
I have only just started CDing but I love my happy heiny pocket. I've read a lot of not so great reviews online but they work great for my DD. They are my fave for overnight. I just stuff with a prefold.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I prefer the WAHM-made kinds, Angel Luvs (especially her new Chloe Toes type!) and Red Earth Diapers being my favorites. Among the manufactured brands I like Swaddlebees the best and then Happy Heiny's.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I am just not loving my FBs. They just don't fit my baby around the legs very well. I use them (I have 2) but only when I'm out of covers for prefolds. I have one Happy Heiney, which is fine, but I also find it's hard to judge a dipe when you've only got one. It doesn't cycle through enough to get a feel for it's performance.

Also, I've discovered that my 7th Generation liquid detergent leaves horrible residue and fleece does not like residue! As we speak I'm rinsing for the 10+ time (I've lost track) and we've switched to Arm and Hammer on the advice of someone who only does FBs. So keep in mind that fleece, in my experience, is a little more difficult to maintain, at least compared to my hemp prefolds and my BSWW.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I really think this depends on your baby. With my DD, my favorites were FB and knickernappies. She was skinny legged and long. Disponants (knickernappies) fit her the best and never leaked. Petite FB also fit her well and never leaked though I prefer suedecloth to fleece if I have the choice.

With my DS, I'm in love with VB pockets and happy heiny. FB seem to "cut" into his legs regardless of what snap setting I used. He's extremely chubby thighed and long. VB are my favorite since they come in suedecloth also.

I also have wonderoos which I use last. I don't like the feel of it. Though I've never had a blow out from it and it does fit him well. (Never used on my DD so no clue how they fit on chicken legged babies).

·
Registered
729 Posts
My favorite pockets are Bumgenius and Happy Hienys. I also have several Swaddlebees that I love. I have a few pocket fitteds (covered caboose) that are used with a wool cover and I like those as well.

·
Registered
136 Posts
We use BumGenius, Swaddlebees, and FB. I didn't like the Swaddlebees - too many leaks. I like that the BG are one size (more economical) but they're harder to stuff and stain a little more than the others. The FB are our favorite.

I also just got some pockets from Snap-Ez but haven't tried them yet.

You should check out the reviews at www.diaperpin.com - there's a section just for pocket diapers.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What is Aplix?

Which brand of detergent would you suggest for us, we have very hard water? Can I do cloth with hard water?

Thanks again!

Have a healthy day!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Aplix is the brand name of the velco closures, some use Aplix, some use snaps.

I like Fuzzi Bunz! I have a couple Happy Heiny's too, and a couple Kushies AIO's that are nice. The FB and the HH wash up so nice.

I use Purex detergent, and I've never had a problem. We have ridiculously hard water here, we have an iron filter, water softener, and two sediment filters, and I cloth diaper, they come out of the wash beautifully.

·
Registered
136 Posts
As far as detergent goes, I use Sun. It's cheap, and I can use it for ALL my laundry (including baby clothes). I try to keep things simple and don't like to have to use different detergents. I don't know if we have hard water or not.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
I was never a big fan of fuzzibunz, they just didnt fit my kiddos very well. The Happy heineys were "ok" but after a certain age they could undo the aplix (velcro) and that pretty much rendered them useless.

I recently bought a stash of swaddlebees and I love these. I have a few new style but really prefer the old style. Its trimmer in the crotch and they are on clearance for $10 which includes inserts. I have never had a single leak, even when used overnight with only 1 microterry stuffer.

I use charlies soap for detergent. We have had a lot of detergent issues and this so far has been the best by far.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenniebug
Its trimmer in the crotch and they are on clearance for $10 which includes inserts.
:
:
: OMG Please tell me where
Feel free to PM

1 - 15 of 15 Posts