Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've tried almost every carrier and out of them all, I love my pouch sling. However, dh washed and dried it, now it shrank just a tiny bit and the fit's a little snug. Okay, the fit was a little snug to begin with, but nothing we couldn't work with.

So I'm on the prowl for a new sling - I love the look of Hotslings and the fact that they have a little give. I did the measurement calculator and it suggested a size 4 sling.

Anyway, I am overly-endowed on top (we're talking G-H cup here ladies), so I'm wondering if any of you have found a pouch sling that's better for a busty woman like myself.

Oh, and I'd be doing a hip carry for my toddler, if that makes a difference (she's a late walker and tires easily, so want to have something to haul her about with this summer on occassion.)

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
I am busty myself and LOVE my Hotsling!!!

Edited to add: You might want to join the HS yahoo group and check the database with sizing guide posted my other mamas
The calculator told me I should have a size 6, but it was WAAAY too big. Then I got a 4 and though it fit, it was cutting into my shoulder and was kind of hard to get the baby in. The size 5 works PERFECT for me (I wear 42DD bra, weigh 200lb and my height is 5'3")

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a Maya Wrap and though it is very adjustable, I like the ease of the pouch (I spend a good 5-10 minutes adjusting the Maya Wrap.) It is great for slinging over a winter coat though :LOL

Thanks for the input! I'm now trying to decide if I should get the Hotsling or try to make one myself - either way, have to wait until next week for the funds.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Really - there is something about Hotslings that makes them just PERFECT!!

I can't sew so I can't tell you what it is, but my baby just fits beautifully in it - it has the ideal depth and the ideal feel around the shoulders.

Though I prefer wraps and MeiTais for very long carries, I love my Hotsling and Heavenly Bundle and they are both actually DS's favorite carriers :LOL

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Yep. Either a Hotsling (stretch sateen is my fav) or see the poster above mine for a Slingset. The Slingset is really stretchy, it takes a lot of the pressure off the shoulders.

·
Registered
19,261 Posts
:

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I really really wanted to love my hotsling, but as someone who is fairly small but very busty, it just didn't work for me. To get it tight enough to hold my dd well, it was just too tight across my chest. Perhaps a larger size would work better, but I've decided just to go back to a RS.

YMMV!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts