Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think is the best sling for nursing? How about the best all-around sling?

·
Premium Member
34,292 Posts
Moving to babywearing

·
Registered
11,770 Posts
To take your second question first, there's no one carrier that's right for everyone! Depending on your baby's age, your wearing style, your body type, and your preferences, many different carriers might be best for you.<br><br>
As far as nursing, again it can really depend on the age of your baby. A stretchy wrap is great for nursing a newborn, as is a ring sling or a mei tai. Older babies can nurse in just about anything -- a pouch, ring sling, mei tai, wrap, or structured carrier. All of them have their pros and cons!<br><br>
Tell us more about what you're looking for and I'm sure we can help more!

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just opinions... i have a maya wrap, which I loved for my dh after a couple months, but i found it a bit inadequate at first. I'm more interested in stretchy slings for the new one. The moby seems nice, but a bit cumbersome.(I also have an ellaroo, which is most definitely cumbersome!) Does any one have any input on something simple like a hotsling for nursing?

·
Registered
457 Posts
my twins are 7 mos almost now...<br><br>
when they were younger 0-4 mos, i could nurse while out and about pretty well in my Lucky Baby pouch, but i always liked nursing in the mei tai or gypsy mama wrap better. now, at 6 mos, i usually have a baby on my back in the Beco or Angelpack lx and one on the front, nursing, in the same or in a mei tai or in a rebozo tied into a sling. i think it depends on their age/size alot. it took a bit for me to master nursing in a wrap and the mei tai seemed easiest to "get" once they could hold up their heads.<br>
it is so hard to pick just one. just do what i did and buy one of each!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts