Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you like for wearing your bigger babies? I'm really leaning towards an adjustable pouch but have looked at Hotslings, Lucky-Baby slings and the Slingset too. They all seem so versatile, as far as carry positions. I'd love to hear any advice or suggestions you have for wearing a toddler. What slings/wraps/pouches do you recommend?<br><br>
Thanks so much!

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
My dd is the same weight and we currently live in our Babyhawk MT. I'm trying too overcome my fears/frustrations w/ wrapping. So we are alternating between them.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
dd was 26 lbs by eight months - i didn't like the maya wrap once she got this heavy, but a pouch was good - i had fleece and cotton hotslings (very early versions). i also liked the ergo - i used that until she was 3 1/2 and close to 40 lbs - i only stopped because i couldn't get the waistbelt comfortable after i was about 3 mo pregnant with ds.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I like a stretch sateen pouch (homemade, but like a hotsling) or the Ergo. Both quick and easy with a squirmy toddler!

·
Registered
227 Posts
I like an Ergo (on my back) for longer walks and my Adjustable Fleece Kangaroo Pouch for shorter trips (on my hip). My ds (~3.5 yrs, ~35 lbs) still occasionally likes to ride in both. I use them most often for my younger ds though.<br><br>
One of my good friends has a Mei Tai and really likes that too!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts