Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a gender nuetral stuffer since I'm not yet pg & obviousy don't know what I am having!I am looking for stuffers for small HH

Thanks!!

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
I know premie prefolds fit well in the smalls, and the small Joey Bunz, I THINK fit well and are WAY more absorbant. Happy Heiny's has their own stuffers they sell, too.
If you fold it just right, you can fit an infant prefold in them, but it's a bit bulky. Very economical, though. The 4x8x4 ply infant prefold can be used with all the sizes, too, so it's very economical. Again, VERY bulky, though, in the small.
Linda, can you comment on this? I remember putting an 8 ply infant in my old small, which was even smaller than the current design, so I know it can be done, but would you recommend against it?

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
You can fit a infant prefold into the smalls. As a matter of fact my SIL uses 2 infant size prefolds a bit bulky for my tastes but it does work.
The hemp stuffings are pretty slim and you can get several different brands of this.
I would not use 1 preemie prefold at all for a pocket stuffer.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I do but just was saying not to use one.
When I set my SIL up with the diapers I gave her a ton of preemies and a ton of infants. She used 'sposies for the first week, they were gifted, then switched to the cloth.
Well, when I found out she was using the cloth I asked how it was going at night, she said "well we are using 'sposies because they were leaking really bad"
I asked what she was using and she said one of the small ones meaning the preemie, expected to last 4 hours at night. Heck, I don't blame her for switching to 'sposies I wouldn't want the bed that soaked either.
She started using them as doublers with the infant and everything worked better and she stopped using the 'sposies.

Now, something I don't agree with, she uses 2 infant prefolds during the day and night in the smalls and meds.

So yes the preemie fit fine, just don't use 1 and expect it to last more than one wetting and especially don't expect it to last for a couple hours at night with a newborn
:

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
:LOL That's funny. I remember when I first started CDing my first child. I would have probably tried to use a premie prefold at night, too.
I've come a long way, baby!

Kate~ a Joey bunz is a hemp insert/stuffer. Wasn't sure if you knew that and just worded it funny.... So you would use it inside the Happy Heiny for a wonderfully trim fit. There are other kinds of hemp inserts/stuffers out there besides Joey Bunz, though. Most people can get through the night with 2 or 3 Joeys in a pocket diaper. Caden can usually get through with 3 large Joey's, but is a very heavy night nurser, so I use a hemp prefold inside mine at night most of the time.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Still a Newbie to all this!! I have a growing stash & still no baby in my tum yet. This gives me something to obsess about!!!

Ok so do people tend to get a bunch of the joey bunz. I see them mentioned a lot they must be favorites! Thanks for setting me straight!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.