Mothering Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Best thing : so hard to choose one but I'll say the little satisfied coos that she sometimes makes with every single exhale while she's contentedly nursing her heart out.

Worst thing : not getting any time to myself ever, save the occasional trip to the bathroom at night. I feel like I never get to have my hands totally free to accomplish any things on my mental "to do" list (apply for her passport, make a photo collage on the imac from her newborn photos to order a canvas wall hanging as birthday present for self, and many other things hard to do while tending to baby and toddler 24/7.)

You?

·
Registered
547 Posts
Best - newborn skin to skin cuddles. When she sleeps all nestled up beside me with an arm draped over my boob to make sure I don't go anywhere

Worst - not being able to put her down! I have carriers but sometimes I'd like a moment to myself during the day when H is at work.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Best: heavy weight of a tiny sleepy body falling asleep on my shoulder.

Worst: not knowing how long I have to do something when he I'd not on me.

·
Registered
583 Posts
those sweet coos and snuggles and the nursing exuberance! The absolute cuteness of him and his constant reaching out to be on/ with me.

the lack of mobility thus far! so few times that I get to go to the bathroom without him on me! The never ending dishes that I can't do with one hand!

Love this!

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Best: everything except the no sleep

Worst: no sleep. Oh, and dealing with the big kids when I want to be in the baby zone.

·
Registered
486 Posts
When she sleeps all nestled up beside me with an arm draped over my boob to make sure I don't go anywhere

Yes, this! And my other favorite is his smiles--he makes really big, joyful ones when I'm smiling and making a fuss over him.

Worst: not being able to do anything requiring sustained attention for long. Also, not being able to wear many of my favorite summer clothes because of nursing or postpartum body incompatibility issues.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Best - the smiles, makes a bad day so great!

Worst - baby wearing in the heat. Holy cow, the pool of sweat between me and her in the carrier is just incredible.

·
Registered
145 Posts
The moments when she looks right at me and cracks a little smile- or when I get to watch my other three just love on her- or that moment when she stops nursing, pops off and puts her cheek against my breast and goes into a deeper sleep- or when she's contentedly resting on my chest...I can't decide :)

Worst thing? all the anxiety. About how little, how fragile, how dependent she is. About my healing, my bleeding, my body. About how I'm not holding onto enough precious moments, not taking enough pictures, not treasuring enough moments. About how I'm somehow neglecting my other three kids, not meeting their needs, not doing enough.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Best: All the first experiences. There are more everyday. I know this will continue through childhood, but we are swimming in them right now. First time meeting grandparents, going to church, visiting the pub, walking by the pond, noticing the dog, touching a tree, taking a pumped bottle from dad, nursing in each carrier, etc etc
Worst: It is so fleeting. At 4 weeks I feel like Orbit's newborn stage is slipping away already... It think it felt longer with the first when I was adjusting to one handed no time for me motherhood and with the second when I was juggling a toddler and a newborn. With this one it is flying by way too fast!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Best: the way he curls against my body and I curl around his body when we sleep at night. I can't get enough of those cuddles.

Worst: Feeling sleep deprived and easily irritated with my poor preschooler.

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Best: So many! The sweet smiles, cute little nursing noises, being wrapped around each other all night, dressing her in adorable baby girl clothes, wearing her in my lovely new carriers, the pleasure strangers get from just laying eyes on a newborn, how adored she is by her siblings/Daddy/Nana…

Worst: Thinking that I’ve reached the lowest level of exhaustion only to find I haven’t; the fatigue/soreness in the muscles of my upper body; and yes, @americanjuly, the anxiety over things that have been here all along that suddenly seem threatening. Oh, and driving in the car to go anywhere!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Best: The smiles, the coos, the crazy ways he flails his arms when startled. Sleeping on my chest when I can nap in the recliner...

Worst: feeling neglectful of my oldest. No sleep. No patience when both babies want their mama RIGHTNOW!

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
I have new worst...my little one is no longer a newborn. :( At 8 weeks, I feel like he's already so big and not acting like that sweet little newborn.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts