Mothering Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What was the single best thing about your pregnancy? The worst?

For those who have had your babies, what was the best aspect/moment you remember about your birth? The worst?

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'll go, about the pregnancy of course.

Best thing has been that there has been no problem dealing with preterm labor, I never even crossed the line (cervical length wise ) of "to get concerned about".... A little capsule up the hoo ha once a day for 2 months and that's it, no big deal, every checkup was encouraging (baby development/pregnancy health wise too), so there's never been a reason to really worry about the pregnancy or baby at any point.

Worst thing......ever single other aspect. I have always loathed being pregnant; sorry to be a Debbie Downer. But mostly the hobbling around like a sore, aching invalid.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Best thing - I've had a fairly complication-free pregnancy

Worst thing - definitely first tri sickness. I kept wondering WHAT HAVE I DONE? My mouth tasted like an ashtray for about 3 months steady.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Pregnancy Best: feeling a baby move around so much. Both of my middle pregnancies I didn't get to feel the movement as much and I really missed it. I'm glad I got so much movement for my last pregnancy.

Pregnancy worst: My broken pubic bone feeling. Although,there is probably a 10-way tie. ;)

Labor/Delivery Best: the moment I realized I'd really get to have my baby soon, labor was official.

Labor/Delivery worst: the ring of fire. I have never had a more painful pushing phase. I usually don't like pushing,it is not satisfying for me like it is for some. This time it just felt so bad I wanted to give up.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Pregnancy best:
Watching my belly move so much with this baby. I do t think I ever had this much identifiable movement with any of my other pregnancies.

Pregnancy worst:
The heat. My body was a raging inferno. I was probably sweating 20-22 hours per day no matter what the temperature was. There were several other aches and pains that ranked up there, but this was by far the most irritating.

Birth best:
Reaching down and pulling my son up to my chest!! Past labors were so crazy chaotic I could never get it together enough to do this in the past.

Birth worst:
Probably just the feeling that I'd cheated somehow with my epidural. I'm at peace with it now and ultimately glad I did it, but I actually had some guilt over the interventions.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Oh, I love this game. We call it high/low in our house.

The best part of pregnancy: The day I was getting the ultrasound and the guy told me the baby was head down. Huge relief! I have also LOVED watching and feeling the baby move all the time. It is like our little secret, shared only between us.

The worst part of pregnancy: This is definitely a tie. The first 16 weeks of light bleeding followed by really heavy bleeding was absolutely terrifying. That is tied with the whole breech baby, planning of the c-section. THAT sucked. In a huge way.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I have loved so much about being pregnant...feeling powerfully full of life, watching my belly grow, feeling baby move and grow and getting to know him through the small movements of his body inside of mine, knowing that he is safe inside of me and goes everywhere with me with relative ease, and also seeing how people smile at me...lots of people seem to love seeing a pregnant belly! I will miss being pregnant when it's over.

The worst parts of pregnancy have been the foot pain, heartburn, fatigue, awkwardness of moving at the end, not being able to lay on my back, and not being able to have a cocktail.

I guess I didn't do this right...I was supposed to just list one thing for each, wasn't I? But I'm no good at that, lol!

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think I have a new worst thing. Past my due date and dreaming of giving birth, waking up in the middle of the night and unable to go back to sleep for eons and a bit of restless leg syndrome with normal excruciating hip pain.....

·
Registered
583 Posts
Thats really sweet @serephina! So glad you got this experience! So wonderful to be able to pull on that memory whenever you want!

How many babies do you want to have?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Pregnancy best: getting good news at all the prenatals and dh accompanying me to 90% of them.

Pregnancy worst: Just about everything else - the utter lack of energy, leg cramps, aches of all sorts, turning the breech, first try sickness, I can go on and on.

Birth best: Hands down the moment I held my baby and realized the VBAC was a success and I DID IT!

Birth worst: When the RN couldn't find the wireless telemetry unit forever and the water in the tub was filling but I couldn't get in there to relieve the contractions.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts