Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are considering moving to MN. I lived there (in Battle Lake) as a kid and my husband has never lived anywhere but WI.

We are hoping to go some place rural--possibly by Alexandria or Morris. (We have friends in Morris.)

Anybody else near there?

So, what are the best things about MN?
What would you change if you could?

What are the public schools like? My husband is a teacher, currently in a Christian school, but would most likely take a public teaching job (so that I could stay home)--preferably middle school social studies.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
The only thing that I would change is how dark it gets here in the winter. We do get up really early though, in the winter, to get the most of the sun! Other than that, we love it here. We have a lot to do, and great people. We live close to the city though...I would go crazy in rural anywhere without having another close friend near by. I could definately be out there with another close friend, but not alone all day with the kids!!

There is API, playgroups, knitting groups, a soon to be the biggest indoor waterpark, IKEA, yarn stores, great churches, great schools...depending on the district, great four seasons, great gardening, co-ops, great organic foods....

But you know, I love Wisconsin and think it is even more lovely then Minnesota.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi. I live in Alexandria and think it's a great town. The best part are all the lakes-although it's pretty expensive to actually have any lakeshore property. One thing I would change in this area is I wish people would be more open minded to different ideas and opinions. I think the changing seasons are what make MN so interesting. PM me if you want more specific info about Alexandria or surrounding area.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I love MN. Live in So MN. I like the climate,the green lushness. In our area we have LLL and some nice mamas to do playgroups with. We are using the ps system and have been pleased after very seriously considering homeschool. We have farmers markets and foodcoops with in 15 minutes of our house.
Nice stateparks too.

ETA My cousin lived in Morris for quite awhile and LOVED it. He was not married with kids though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.