Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With my second baby, he was malpostioned inutero and when he was born he got dx with torticollis (torn neck muscles, position inutero) where he tilted his head for about a year after his birth, and now we are working on getting him walking (he's only 14mo, but still). All because he was malpositioned and tore his neck muscle (also due to bad birthing position, urgh). What are some things I can do this time around that can benefit the postition of baby?

Certian excersize?
Sleeping postition?
Posture?
Class reccomendations?
Anything else?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by waldorfknitmama View Post
What are some things I can do this time around that can benefit the postition of baby?
Prenatal yoga, chiropractic care, lying on your left side to sleep/relax, sitting on a birth ball rather than a chair, practice squats frequently.

Were your abdominal muscles very strong while pg with ds? Anne Frye suggests this can contribute to malpresentation. If so, it may be less of a problem with #2?

Good luck!

Gina, Intern Midwife, IBCLC
Pueblo, CO

·
Registered
6,794 Posts
Avoid sitting in a reclined (feet up, leaning back) position during the last couple months of pregnancy. And yes, lots of time leaning forward on hands and knees or a birth ball.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.