Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to do some xmas shopping for DD and looking for some guidance on what toys she will get the most use out of in the coming months. She will be almost 9 months at xmas time....As of right now all we really have toywise are teethers, rattles, stuffed toys, etc. What are some good toys that she will be able to play with and enjoy in the coming months? She is getting a walker wagon from my parents, so I am looking for smaller toy ideas...soem ideas I had were blocks? regular ones, soft ones? stacking/nesting blocks/cups? puzzles? a ball? a spin top toy? jack in the box? We can't get her all these things, maybe 3 or 4, so what is the best? or something else I am missing? We are not opposed to plastic or battery toys here, but like wooden ones just fine too.
Thanks!

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
DS (who is also 1yo)
his Little People Noah's Ark animals. He's also a big fan of balls (all makes, sizes and models) and he also loves his trucks. Dunno if that helps...

·
Registered
648 Posts
My nine months loves his nesting cups and all kind of balls the most. Anything that you can stack and he can topple over is a big hit.
Have fun Christmas shopping!!

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Stacking cups have been a big hit here, I think we got them when DD was about 6 months and she still plays with them at 2. She also enjoyed her stacking ring set for quite a while.

A simple shape sorter, we had a plan toys one where DD could lift of the whole lid so she could put shapes in and out well before she could sort them. It also had nice wooden shapes that we used to build towers.

I've never been a fan of the soft blocks, the ones we've had always get out of shape and hard to stack.

fisher price little people, the big sets are probably a bit advanced but DD enjoyed the actuall people and vehicles form quite early.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
At that age, babes will love anything you give them. By the push wagon, do you mean one of those toys they use to hold onto while they learn to walk? Those are great. All my kids loved them. How about some sweet board books? Ones w/baby faces on them are especially appealing.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~*max*~ View Post
How about some sweet board books? Ones w/baby faces on them are especially appealing.
Yes. DK makes some great touch and feel board books with photographs of babies, and my 11-month-old son loves them. His occupational therapist recommended them, in fact. I found a bunch of them at Marshall's and TJ Maxx for just $4.99 each.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
My 10 month old is ball crazy. He likes ones that he can pick up with one hand and that bounce. He loves playing catch with me and could do it for a long time before getting bored. I get bored before he does!

·
Registered
451 Posts
My son will be 8 1/2 mos. by Christmas and he loves to stand up to things so I got him an activity table. Just make sure it has weighted legs so it does't tip over.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts