Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been making pouch type slings for years, and love it. I really wanted a hemp sling from Jenn at Mom-n-Me Creations, but Samuel being so sick and all...

I know Jenn uses hemp fleece on her pouches, but I'm wondering if hemp jersey would work too? Is it too stretchy? Would it stretch waaaay down past my thigh when wearing DS? I found a site selling hemp and the jersey is cheaper, but I want to use what's best.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by neveryoumindthere
: i want to know too

i have some hemp fabric that is 'furry' on one side, smooth on the other..is that jersey or fleece?
:
That sounds like fleece to me.

I'd use the hemp fleece to make the pouch myself, but Kissaluvs used to make a jersey sling (not a pouch) that was great! It wasn't TOO stretchy, but was very comfortable. Of course, it had the rings to make it adjustable, lol, so it's kind of moot.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
k next question

would u have the furry side facing out or in or would u fold it over so both sides show the smooth side
make sense?

whenever i try to sew this fabric it gets 'ruffled'
:

sorry to steal the thread

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Exactly ! You still double the fabric...treating the loop as one layer. No need to finish the edges, just attach the two ends and wah-la you've got a hemp pouch sling !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts