Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a sling I can use to NIP with my baby due in August. With my 2.5 year old I never got the hang of NIP, I think because I am large breasted and was somewhat self-conscious of the maneuvering required to nurse her. I didn't get my Maya pouch sling until she was big enough to ride in the hip carrying position and never learned to nurse using the sling. Is the Maya pouch a good sling for this or should I be looking for something else? Are the ring slings better for NIP? Any recommendations and tips for NIP with a sling would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
The tail on a ring sling is nice if you want something to "cover up" with. Also, it's easy to adjust, so you can nurse the baby in a number of positions without actually having to reposition the baby - just a little shifting usually. The easy nursing was what got me using ring slings in the first place. Good luck!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.