Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
34,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're all set for Babymort, diaper-wise, but I did want to get a wipes warmer to keep at the changing table. I didn't realize there were so many of them, though. Does one work better than others for cloth wipes? I was looking here at Target because we have a gift card, but could look somewhere else too if I needed to.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,074 Posts
I'm using the Munchkin warmer (the basic model, not the deluxe one) for our cloth wipes and it's working great! FWIW, the majority of our wipes are just the ultra-cheap, thin baby washcloths. The bigger, "real" cloth wipes are a tighter fit, but still work fine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,049 Posts
i got one at the resale shop for about $5 almost 3 years ago and it's still going strong. it's got a handprint logo on the front..maybe Dex?!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
34,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by LoveBaby View Post
i got one at the resale shop for about $5 almost 3 years ago and it's still going strong. it's got a handprint logo on the front..maybe Dex?!
Is that the wrap-around one? I actually had one of those but I think it was recalled, and since I generally just leave it plugged in, I was scared to use it again. Plus I have no idea where it is.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,038 Posts
Whenever "wipes warmer?" threads show up, I always feel compelled to point out that wipes warmers are not particularly ecologically friendly. Leaving any appliance plugged in and warmed up all the time just doesn't sound like the best idea to me. When thinking about the global energy reality that we are all living with, a wipes warmer seems like a luxury we could all do without.

Alternatives are to simply wet a couple of wipes in the sink before each change, or to keep a spray bottle of room temperature butt solution (California baby makes a great one, or make your own) at the changing table. We do the latter, and just spray it onto the butt, and then use a dry wipe to clean it off. This also helps to keep the wipes from getting mildewed/moldy.

Just a thought!

Lex
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,049 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by annettemarie View Post
Is that the wrap-around one? I actually had one of those but I think it was recalled, and since I generally just leave it plugged in, I was scared to use it again. Plus I have no idea where it is.

nope, it was this one

http://www.amazon.com/DEX-Products-W...3754780&sr=8-4
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
34,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by lexbeach View Post
Whenever "wipes warmer?" threads show up, I always feel compelled to point out that wipes warmers are not particularly ecologically friendly. Leaving any appliance plugged in and warmed up all the time just doesn't sound like the best idea to me. When thinking about the global energy reality that we are all living with, a wipes warmer seems like a luxury we could all do without.

Alternatives are to simply wet a couple of wipes in the sink before each change, or to keep a spray bottle of room temperature butt solution (California baby makes a great one, or make your own) at the changing table. We do the latter, and just spray it onto the butt, and then use a dry wipe to clean it off. This also helps to keep the wipes from getting mildewed/moldy.

Just a thought!

Lex
That's actually a really good point. I had one with my first because he was ubersensitive to anything but warmed up wipes, so it was a matter of sanity, and I guess I sort of fell into the trap of thinking I needed one. Maybe we'll try the spray bottle idea. With four little ones, some small measure of convenience does come into play, so I don't think running to wet wipes each time would work, but the spray bottle sounds doable.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,260 Posts
I don't use a wipes warmer at all. I keep a small number of wet wipes in a container by the changing table and when I take a wipe out, I warm it between my hands briefly before wiping baby. It's not super warm, but it takes the chill off and my babies have never seemed to object. I had never even heard of a wipes warmer when I had my first child. Now it seems like they've become a necessity.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
34,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by jbpoetmom View Post
As an alternative to a wipe warmer, I've heard of keeping warm water in a good pump thermos that keeps the water warm for hours . . . does anyone recommend a certian type of thermos?
This is why I love MDC.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
997 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jbpoetmom View Post
As an alternative to a wipe warmer, I've heard of keeping warm water in a good pump thermos that keeps the water warm for hours . . . does anyone recommend a certian type of thermos?
That is a really COOL idea! Now where to put it..
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top