Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for some ideas on how to add more options into our routine while still having to work a fulltime job.<br>
we do a fairly decent job of eating well, kefir most days, whole grains, fruit, veggies. we have a pretty decent veggie garden that supplies the greens in the spring/summer.<br>
I just can't help but wish I had more time to bake our breads, kymchee, bone broths, stew tomoatoes all those things that take time!<br><br>
So how do other families do it if you both WOH? how does traditional food fit into this very "untraditional" way of living?

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
We make most things from scratch, but I do buy a few convienence items.<br><br>
Bread: we buy bread mainly. I've found a dairy free, HFCS free, whole wheat bread for just over $1 a loaf. Same with bagels, english muffins, etc. I do make probably a loaf a week, but I just can't keep up with all the sandwiches our family eats.<br><br>
I do bone broths, veggie stocks, chicken stocks. But I've also thrown entire turkey carcasses in the freezer until I have time to do something with them.<br><br>
We garden so we have tons of produce from that. I haven't gotten into canning yet, so for tomatoes, I roast them with and without garlic and freeze. Then use just as you would stewed tomatoes.<br><br>
I try, but I'm not all the way there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts