Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

Just wondering...my daughter is 2yrs, 7months. She has kept the same sleep times and amounts for over a year now. Asleep by 7.30-8.00pm, awake at 6.30-7.00am. Nap at 12.30pm until about 2.30. She is taking longer to fall asleep now, she will talk away in her room until about 8.30 some nights and not nap until 1pm some days. She made a liar of me today and napped at 12.30, but it has been changing.

What do I do? Shorten the nap? Start it later? Later bedtime? Wake her earlier (I do have to wake her after naps, she rarely wakes before 2.30pm). I have heard that between 2 and 3, they change their sleep patterns, as much as I DON'T want this to happen - such is life, ho hum.

I am one of those routine girls we all hate here :LOL, but it is great for her, she can't stand it when it's all over the place. So, knowing that, I would like to jiggle her routine a bit to suit this change in sleep. I am assuming it is this, and not some little phase, as it has been going on for weeks.

Anyone dealt with this? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
I would try moving the nap back by a half hour (to 1pm) and then wake her at 2pm. When they start having trouble falling asleep, it's a sign they need less nap time.

My dd is 1 month younger than yours & doesn't nap at all anymore. She gets 11-13 hours of sleep per night (averaging 12, 8p-8a).

HTH

·
Registered
205 Posts
We're going through this too. Over the last few weeks, we've started to replace naps with "quiet time." She takes her favourite book to bed, wraps up in a blanket.....I turn the lights out and put on her favourite music. The rule is she can still play, but she has to stay on her bed. If she hasn't fallen asleep by the time that the CD is over, she's free to run wild again.

She gets a break, I get a break, and if she needs the rest, the option is there.

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks to both of you
. I think I am going to combine both your answers :LOL I'll put her for a rest at 1pm, and play her sleepytime CD, which lasts almost an hour. I'll also tell her she can sleep or just rest. I really do need that rest time myself, and often sleep during it. Wonder how I'll go when there is no nap? eek.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
I'm going to have to give these a try also, my dd is 2yr and 6 months and has been having LOTS of sleep issues for the past 2 months or so. She was waking crying for a while, hates nap times, but when she doesn't get one at 1-2 then she can't take it anymore and falls asleep at 5:30 then is up at 7 and doens't wnat to sleep for the night till 11 or later, i can't handel her not sleeping when i have a 3 month old to deal with...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.