Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so sometimes I cant get the poo off her diapers- how bad or gross is it to just throw it in the washer I use my shower head over the toliet and that doesnt work sometimes?? Its usually not so bad but today it was bad.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I never, ever rinse my son's diapers. I bf exclusively and I throw the whole thing in. Comes out clean as a whistle. He also only poos once every 7 days, so that diaper is BAD BAD BAD

So it's not gross at all.

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Max'sMama
I never, ever rinse my son's diapers. I bf exclusively and I throw the whole thing in. Comes out clean as a whistle. He also only poos once every 7 days, so that diaper is BAD BAD BAD

So it's not gross at all.
I remember those days, he use to not poop but once every 7-10 days, then all the sudden one day he pooped like 6 times and then after that it has been anywhere from 1-6 times a day but he is every day again now.

·
Registered
485 Posts
When Simone was exclusively bf, I just threw them all in and washed twice. No problems!

Once she got to be about 10 months old, though, even though she was still exclusively bf, I got a potty pail system for her dipes, b/c it was getting to be humongous every couple of days. :LOL

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I never rinse my 4 month old's diapers, either. I just put them as in my dry pail, and then run a cold rinse before I wash them.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
When they were EBF... the whole thing just went into the pail and then the washer. I also do a cold cycle with no detergent... that's my "swishing". :LOL If there are any BF stains, they would usually be gone in a couple washes or a quick afternoon in the sun (if I wasn't short on diapers
).

Even when the poop isn't terribly firm i.e. peanut butter I'd still just pitch it into the pail a lot. I use to always "scrap" but then when I was dealing with m/s... I stopped. It just wasn't worth trying to get it all rinsed off if I then threw up for 5 minutes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts