Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19,139 Posts
Super! Of course talk radio flacks had to take a disapproving pose. So what? I wish they had been more clear than this

Quote:
Ms Marshall was evicted from Victoria's Legislative Assembly in February for breastfeeding Charlotte.
Saying it that way leaves the impression that she did something wrong by breastfeeding her. It was actually Charlotte's very presence that was illegal and I believe they have since passed a provision of some kind to permit her to enter the Assembly in the future.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
cool, but that lady looks nekkid
(I know she has a top on, I can kinda see it...but still much more nekkid than I've ever been bfing in public :LOL)

I think it's neat that the woman was more interested in her child's well being (and hunger) than what anyone might think, we *need*more celebs that are that way!

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
she has a tendency to wear off the shoulder tops! I guess she's back to her usual wardrobe
wouldn't do it myself
(the top that is, with or without bf)

·
Registered
9,341 Posts
the wording cold have been better, but at least theres some publicity....

·
Registered
13,153 Posts
Quote:
The president of the Australian Medical Association in Queensland, Dr Ingrid Tall, said: "We need people who are brave and to go out there and make a public statement.

"If a woman doesn't breastfeed it raises their risk of ovarian cancer and breast cancer. If the baby doesn't get breastfed their IQ can be potentially lowered by a few points and they are in greater risk of infections and a greater risk of asthma allergies."
Dr Tall has it right. Artificial feeding raises the rates of cancers, lowers IQ, increases risk of illness. (Bfing is norm, ABM feeding is risky.)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts