Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering - if you are still nursing when you become pregnant does that decrease your symptoms? I'm still night nursing my son and I'm 4 weeks pregnant. I feel like I'm the only one without symptoms?!?! The only this is my bbs hurt if i feel them to check!LOL! But nothing else.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Definitely didn't help me not have any symptoms, though I had minimal symptoms at 4 weeks. Mine didn't start until between 6-7 wks. My nipples are still so sore at 14 weeks that nursing is really uncomfortable.

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
PG and bfing for the 6th time and never had a descrease of symptoms. I always envy those women who don't know they are pg till they feel the baby move. Man would I love to sail through the first tri with no symptoms.

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
i'd give yourself anothert 2-4 weeks to ready feel it if you're going to.

·
Registered
937 Posts
I am 9 weeks and ds nurses like a champ. I have minimal s/s. Occational nausea if hungry. Slightly more tired. Occational increase in nipple tenderness. The only thing that is even slightly bother some is the mood swings, which aren't nearly as bad as with ds. I told DH I still don't feel preg. and his response was maybe your body is just getting better at it with each preg! Good luck and don't worry about the lack of s/s, just smile and marvel at what your body can and is doing!

Mama to peanut
8, little dude 18mn
:
: , and due
: 2/22/07!!!!!!

:
:
:

·
Registered
9,270 Posts
My first pregnancy the only symptom I had was having to pee in the middle of the night. Everything else was just dandy. This pregnancy, while still nursing my 19 month old, I have ms and sore nips. It could just be an easy pregnancy like my first (lucky...)

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
I didnt notice I was pregnany with #2 while nursing number for 5 months!
: OK before you think I'm a complete ditz, #1 was fertility baby so we thought we couldnt get preg, so I ignored symptoms (teeth hurt, eyes got worse, um baby moving (thought it was a bug))...

good luck with this baby!! and enjoy your tandum nursing if you choose too!

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
I had less symptoms while nursing early on - mainly, I *didn't* have the boob soreness I had with #1. I didn't even get nipple soreness until the 2nd trimester (and then nursing started to hurt!). But first trimester... nothing in the boob area.

My nausea was greatly decreased this pregnancy too. I actually was able to eat normally the entire 1st trimester. I finally threw up once in the 2nd trimester, and couldn't eat much for a couple weeks, but that may have been a stomach bug or something.

But at 4 weeks... I wouldn't expect much in the way of symptoms anyway. I get ever so slightly queasy right away, and did both times, but it's very similar to how you feel when you have sinus drainage and are queasy from that. And I did have to start peeing more often, but I don't think the nighttime pees had started by 4 weeks. Usually, symptoms will start to ramp up around 6-8 weeks, so just wait... you might still be in for it!

·
Registered
821 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by smlwieber
I didnt notice I was pregnany with #2 while nursing number for 5 months!
: OK before you think I'm a complete ditz, #1 was fertility baby so we thought we couldnt get preg, so I ignored symptoms (teeth hurt, eyes got worse, um baby moving (thought it was a bug))...
You are not alone in this one...
: I was 19 weeks when I found out about #2, every symptom I had I thought was from nursing...
That and it took 3+ years to conceive #1 so we didn't think it would happen so easy.

Deb

·
Registered
187 Posts
I got pregnant while Bf'ing my 4 month old dd......and I didn't have any symptoms except my boobs got bigger and sore....I thought I was just imagining things! I wouldn't have found out except I was supposed to get foot surgery and a flu shot, and the doctor was running some routine tests......after that I had morning sickness for about 1 week...... my first pregnancy, I was sick for 9 months straight!

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
I wish!

I'm BF DD and I feel MS all day and all night.....I'm about 8 weeks and feel like crap! DD is nursing like crazy....................

Best of luck!

·
Registered
5,813 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Full Heart
I always envy those women who don't know they are pg till they feel the baby move. Man would I love to sail through the first tri with no symptoms.

Me too!

·
Registered
232 Posts
I actually knew I was pregnant before my BFP because my breasts hurt soooo much during nursing, so nope, different story for me!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts