Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
I have noticed that it seems that most BFARers have 50-100% of the milk thier baby needs. I have seen some things that say that something like 80% of BFAR moms are able to bf for 3 weeks or 3 months or something like that.<br><br>
let me go see if I can find the study.....<br><br><br><a href="http://www.annalsplasticsurgery.com/pt/re/annps/abstract.00000637-200510000-00001.htm;jsessionid=EgdbfNL81bqckj7i8Kg3krnxAwDOXopH2lujlKeyiZow0Sj94oFy!-839643570!-949856144!9001!-1" target="_blank">here it is<br><br></a>
<div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px;">Quote:</div>
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">.......It is concluded that after breast reduction ... the ability to breastfeed highly depends on encouragement and support offered to women rather than the choice of the operative technique.</td>
</tr></table></div>
<br><br>
but the support thing is nessasary surgery or not so this study is really encouraging.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
The sister of an old friend of mine recently had a baby and joined my LLL group. She had a reduction several years ago and she is managing to BF her nb. She is having some supply issues and is making about 80% of the milk he needs. She is using a lactaid to supplement the rest. Right now they are uncertain if her supply problem is actually related to the surgery or more to the trauma of his birth. She had an emergency c-sec, didn't see the baby for more than 6 hrs, and then they made her supplement with formula in the hospital. So with some work she is hoping to be able to kick her supply up and do away with the supplements.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts