Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, for the last half an hour or so I seem to be getting BH contractions every five minutes. The stupid part is (and this could just be my constant worrying about worrying over nothing..ha!) I can't be 100% sure they're actually BH contractions. You'd think I'd know this considering I've done this before. Basically it suddenly feels like my uterus has been replaced with a rock - I can't bend over as the top of my uterus stops me from doing so.

At what point should I call my midwife? I'm not in any pain at all, no weird discharge but I am only 32 weeks pregnant, and my last labour was only two hours and my midwives think when I do go into labour it's going to be super fast. But I don't want to call over nothing and feel like a complete moron, especially if they make me go to the hospital to get checked out, then I'll get to feel like an even bigger moron

·
Registered
214 Posts
If you're feeling uneasy about it, I wouldn't hesitate to call. Midwives are used to getting those types of calls so it won't bother her at all and it'll probably ease your mind to talk with her. Are you well hydrated? Try drinking a half-liter of water and see if that helps. Or lay down and rest or take a relaxing bath. (Or if you've been doing that, get up and go for a walk.) If drinking water and a change of activity don't help and contractions continue, I'd call for sure.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Well, think of it this way -- wouldn't you rather call and have it be nothing and feel like a complete moron, than not call and have it be something?
My general rule of thumb is that if you're concerned enough to think about calling, go ahead and call. And yeah, if I were having regular contractions that had been going on for longer than 30 minutes or so, I'd probably call in, just for peace of mind if nothing else.

Hope all is well!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.