Mothering Forum banner

BH?

560 views 17 replies 16 participants last post by  Hope4six 
#1 ·
I think I may be starting them up already. I did early with my DS s well...but don't remember when they started. Anyone else having them already?

#2 ·
Me, I got them starting at 12 weeks with DD, though technically, I guess they start really early in everyone, it's just some feel them more than others. Anyway, I have had stronger, more uncomfortable ones this time around, so not looking forward to them getting stronger as the pregnancy goes along.

#3 ·
Yeah, I've been getting them for a few weeks here. I am 21 weeks, and I've been feeling them for probably a little over a month. I've heard them more intense BH can help prepare the uterus better for labor, so I figure I will think about that when they get to be annoying, and hope that they are helping to prepare me for a shorter, easier labor.

#5 ·
I've been getting them, or at least I think I am. My belly gets really hard and crampy then stops. Usually when I'm working hard and need a break. I got them early with DD and my last MW was worried about them but I'm thinking it might just be how my body is.

#6 ·
I'm getting them pretty regularly, especially if I've been standing for a while (doing dishes seems to be the worst) or walking up stairs. Unfortunately, neither activities are avoidable!

#7 ·
Yep, I've been having them for a little while now. It was especially strong last week Thursday, I'd been on my feet all day cooking, though I did stay hydrated I just tired myself right out and the contractions started by supper time. I was thankful when company left and I had a glass of wine and put my feet up and I felt much better.

#8 ·
I keep getting waves of cramping and backache, especially when I'm tired, but my uterus doesn't seem to contract. So I don't know that it's actually BH, I think it's more just me needing to rest. The only real contractions I get are after orgasm, I immediately get a really strong (but not at all painful or even uncomfortable) contraction.

#9 ·
I just started noticing them this week and I am 19W3D. I got them sometime in the mid-twenty week range with my first. It's crazy to feel your abdomen get rock hard out of the blue. Not uncomfortable, but somewhat odd all the same.

#11 ·
I started getting them very significantly last week (18-19weeks). I actually kind of freaked bc they hurt and they were semi-regular... I coincidentally had an appt and they hooked me up to the monitor and I was indeed contracting regularly, but the contract didn't change my cervix, so guess they're bad BHs.

I didn't really think I was dehydrated, but they gave me a few bags of IV fluid and they stopped... so I've been trying to super-duper hydrate and I haven't noticed them as much.

#13 ·
I actually had to go in and get checked last week b/c I had a couple hours of BH every 5 minutes. Turns out I was pretty dehydrated and had an asymptomatic UTI, both of which can cause contractions. So, I am trying really hard to get in enough water every day. I had less over the weekend and definitely noticed an increase in BH.

#14 ·
I've had a couple good all over ones in the last week or two. The first I was mostly asleep and it wasn't until later that I remembered and realized that I had probably had one. LOL Saturday I had a good all over one. Mostly I get small partial ones that happen on the left and I'm pretty sure I've had those since really early, I just finally realized it this week though. It is an interesting sensation, especially the full belly one.

#16 ·
1st baby here, who wants to explain to me what they feel like? Compared to real contractions? I could use an explanation!

#17 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julieee View Post

1st baby here, who wants to explain to me what they feel like? Compared to real contractions? I could use an explanation!
You might not even notice them for quite a while, I know I didn't really with my first. Towards the end of the third tri I did, but then you are more on the lookout for them and real contractions.

Basically BH are just a tightening of your uterus, I always notice them more when I am laying down, b.c the hard. firm belly is more noticeable. Labor contractions are stronger, sometimes painful, can be felt in your back, belly, or both, and sometimes have pressure tpp. BH are, for the most part, painless (I've never had them hurt, but I know they can), it's just like your uterus is flexing it's muscle.

Not sure I explained that the best, but I'm sure another experienced mama can chime in and be more clear :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.