Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone use this on their dipes?

If so how do you like it, and do you use the recommended 1 ounce of liquid per load or less? What temp do you wash on, etc.

I have primarily FCB & LC Fitted so a mixture of hemp and sherpa and some UBCPF too but not too much use for those.

Thanks so much

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
We did use it for a long time and still would but I ran out and haven't seen it locally, just the powder. It worked great. I keep wanting to get more. I never had a problem when using it. I can't remember how much I used, very little though, as i have a front loader. I never noticed a build up. I sometimes put it in the short cold intitial wash and sometimes the hot. I'm not much help am I? :LOL

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
HI mama!
This is the only detergent we use on Josh's dipes. Everything else we tried (tide, A&H, Wisk, Sun, Dreft, Costco brand, 7th Generation, Sports Wash, BS & TTO, & Era) made Josh break out in hives or a rash. I have a front loader and I do a cold wash with an extra rinse (no detergent) and then a hot wash with one tablespoon of Bio Kleen and a extra rinse. I've been using it for 2 months and haven't had any problems with build up, stinky hemp or repelling fleece!

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ahhh great thanks for the responses
And HI Joanne

I think we'll give it a go. I'm ordering some Bac-out anyways & I'm glad to hear the positives! I don't care for the detergents I've tried (Tide & Arm & Hammer) but have been at a lost on what to replace them with. I guess this is the answer

And Oceanone I hear ya on not being able to order it locally
: The largest size I can order of Bac-out locally is 16 oz which is only good for one load of dipes...so anyways I figured I'd make some use of my online ordering since I have to order that one online :LOL

·
Registered
193 Posts
We use this, too, and I really like it. It lasts forever!

I do a cold soak first in a little Bac Out, spin that water out, then I do a hot wash with Bio Kleen liquid and two cold rinses after that. This system works great for us.

·
Registered
5,195 Posts
Quote:
The largest size I can order of Bac-out locally is 16 oz which is only good for one load of dipes...
Do you pour the whole bottle in the wash? Have you thought about maybe just spraying the diapers that need it before putting them in the pail? Thats what we do with our diapers right now.... I spray them off with the minishower than i have the bottle of bac out sitting on the toilet with a spray nozzle in it and just spray the poopy ones -- then throw them in the pail

I've used biokleen as well but ironically we are all allergic to it :LOL

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by cvharris
We use this, too, and I really like it. It lasts forever!

I do a cold soak first in a little Bac Out, spin that water out, then I do a hot wash with Bio Kleen liquid and two cold rinses after that. This system works great for us.
Hi Carolee

Do you have a front loader too or a top loader? I have a top loader so wondering before I try this system

Or does anyone eles who has a top loader use the Bio Kleen Liquid laundry

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mama2kyla
Do you pour the whole bottle in the wash? Have you thought about maybe just spraying the diapers that need it before putting them in the pail? Thats what we do with our diapers right now.... I spray them off with the minishower than i have the bottle of bac out sitting on the toilet with a spray nozzle in it and just spray the poopy ones -- then throw them in the pail

I've used biokleen as well but ironically we are all allergic to it :LOL
Hi Tiffany

I actually pour it on each individual diaper them let them soak overnight like it says on the bottle. I have only bought the 16 oz size twice and have used this method. I think when I get the bigger size I will buy a spray bottle instead to distribute better on our dipes. Ughhh that you are allergic to it though

Speaking of dipes off to change one

·
Registered
193 Posts
I do have a top loader. I just add a glug of Bac Out in while the water is filling - I've got the five gallon size. And for the hot wash I just add a capful of the liquid laundry detergent. We have hard water.

What I have found really makes a difference in getting my dipes clean and rinsed well with my top loader is to use the heavy duty agitation on my washing machine. The regular setting is so wimpy, it barely agitates anything. My dipes have been fine with the heavy duty cycle, no excess wear or anything. My el bee bindings are still pristine!

·
Registered
7,130 Posts
I can't find any bigger than the 16 oz size of bac out either & have NEVER seen the biokleen liquid! the closest whole foods here is about 40 min away & it's very small & caters more to the gourmet side vs. natural/organic. but i even called a big one in NYC & they didn't even have bac-out.

I dilute the bac out 1/2 with water in a spray bottle & spray every dipe. then after a cold rinse, add some to the soak. so far, so good!

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
5 Gallon size of Bac-out

I was actually tinkering with ordering that big of a bucket too :LOL And its probably more economical in the long run

Where did you buy yours? And did you buy the Liquid Laundry at the same place to save on shipping? Thanks for the laundry tips too

And Bobica~I called our Wholefoods and asked if they'd ever stock a size larger than a meezly 16 oz and they said they just don't have the shelf space
: Oh well I'll just order online

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by clothcrazymom
Wow! I can't imagine using 16 oz of bac out on one load of diapers! I have a bottle I've been using for a long time. A little bit can go such a long way.
Well normally I wouldn't either but when you have stink issues you're desperate (speaking from personal experience only
)

I plan to use this for other household things too so a 5 gallon bucket will last sometime but have many different uses

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
I would think you might have a build up problem if you used a whole bottle on a load of diapers like that. But then you probably rinsed them tons of times.

I totally forgot to say that I used the detergents some and they were ok. Unfortunately they just didn't get things as clean as I would have liked though. But we have hard well water so that may have something to do with it.

·
Registered
399 Posts
We use it (laundry liquid) and love it. No issues here and we use it on hemp all the time.

Even the regular sizes seem to last a long time but the bulk lasts for what seems like an eternity ........ certainly worth it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.