Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow is baby girls 1 year appointment. Can't believe it has been a year! Hoping she can get her shots tomorrow. But she does have a runny nose, since she hasn't had a fever (in her whole life actually) or a cough or anything I am assuming she will be able to.

I have been amazed at her health thus far. She had RSV and was hospitalized at 4 weeks (scary) but after that nothing, not one sick visit no ear infection nothing. Her daddy and I both had a stomach bug but neither of the kids got it. No health concerns with baby girl, I am a little concerned about eating, she seems to gag and choke pretty easily so we are having difficulty moving to solids and with adding a cup.

I also am super thankful for the flu shot this year. My son's preschool had influenza go through. 3/10 of the kids got the flu, I know 2 didn't have flu shots because their parents were really vocal about it not sure about the last one. Of the 7 that didn't i know 5 did get the flu shot. My daughters daycare also had 2 providers out with confirmed influenza. Seems this years shot is pretty effective both in the medical literature tracking it and my anecdote. Both my kids were exposed and neither contracted it (thankfully!).

Now I am embraced, because I am concerned I will end up with the flu because I didn't get the flu shot this year. It is embarrassing because it wasn't a decision, my husband took the kids in and got them their shots and himself, and I just got busy and didn't do it, and it is pretty late now.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Tomorrow is baby girls 1 year appointment. Can't believe it has been a year! Hoping she can get her shots tomorrow. But she does have a runny nose, since she hasn't had a fever (in her whole life actually) or a cough or anything I am assuming she will be able to.

I have been amazed at her health thus far. She had RSV and was hospitalized at 4 weeks (scary) but after that nothing, not one sick visit no ear infection nothing. Her daddy and I both had a stomach bug but neither of the kids got it. No health concerns with baby girl, I am a little concerned about eating, she seems to gag and choke pretty easily so we are having difficulty moving to solids and with adding a cup.

I also am super thankful for the flu shot this year. My son's preschool had influenza go through. 3/10 of the kids got the flu, I know 2 didn't have flu shots because their parents were really vocal about it not sure about the last one. Of the 7 that didn't i know 5 did get the flu shot. My daughters daycare also had 2 providers out with confirmed influenza. Seems this years shot is pretty effective both in the medical literature tracking it and my anecdote. Both my kids were exposed and neither contracted it (thankfully!).

Now I am embraced, because I am concerned I will end up with the flu because I didn't get the flu shot this year. It is embarrassing because it wasn't a decision, my husband took the kids in and got them their shots and himself, and I just got busy and didn't do it, and it is pretty late now.
Good luck with the 1 year vaccines! My daughter is going for her 9 month visit in a week or so. My son's 4 year vaccines are coming up in May and I am dreading it! Not because I am worried about a reaction, but because I know what *his* reaction is going to be. The nurses say the 4 year vaccines are the hardest and that they often have to have 3 nurses help hold them still :(

·
Premium Member
2,201 Posts
Good luck!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
She was a trooper. She cried less than a minute then became infatuated with a stethoscope. I also got a flu shot (even if flu season will probably be over before the immunity takes hold). She is growing nicely and developing as she should.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Great to hear. Most people I know had very similar experiences. The appointments not much fun when you're there, but now you can forget about it. :)

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
I hope all forgotten now. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts