Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aloha mamas,<br>
I live on the Kona side on our 10 acre farm, with baby girl, 1 & hubby, plus a bunch of critters. I am starting a MAMAS Circle tomorrow and hope to make it a regular gathering, so if your in the area we are meeting at the Higashihara Park on Hwy 11 at 12pm.<br>
lol, konamama

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi,<br>
I do not currently live in Kona but we are looking to move there from Juneau, Alaska. We are tired of the dark weather but not ready to sacrifice the simple lifestlye. All we hear about Hawaii is how expensive and unaffordable it is. I know there's plenty of people who do it so it must be doable right? I guess my question for you would be a little insight into how families manage to make a living without working two jobs each and sacrificing that time to spend with our 8 month old daughter.Does there seem to be a network of new mothers in this area?<br>
I don't want to bother you with my questions; just thought I'd try to get a realistic idea of what it takes to raise a family on the Big Island. Any advice would be helpful. Thank you.<br>
Akela Eldridge

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just responded to your thread - how funny :)<br>
there are a lot of new moms, I am trying to get them more connected, but they are here. there is also a Waldorf school and a Mont. school, and if involved with those you meet a bunch of folks.<br>
good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts