Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The preschool had a field trip today in which they ended up at a park with a new fenced play area. Everyone loves it. There were plenty of adults, though some of the kids are pretty rambunctious.<br><br>
There were some older (pre-teen?) kids there, and this is a small town, so people are pretty open about making friends with whoever is there. At one point there were several kids of both groups in a small, dark spot in the "boat." Dd was one of the preschoolers (age 5). I wandered over to stand nearby, but out of their sight lines, to eavesdrop. A boy standing in front of the kids inside gave me a weird look, I said hi, then he told the other kids I was there, so I walked away. This of course made me more than just curious as to what they were talking about in there, so I walked around to the other side and tried to hear from a different angle. After a couple minutes my daughter walked out, acting pretty normal. The whole thing lasted maybe 10 minutes.<br><br>
Later I asked dd what they were talking about, but she wouldn't tell me. She said the big girls were saying mean, untrue things about the little girls. Dh tried to talk to her about it too, but she wouldn't tell him either. She knew one of the other girls from the preschool, and I called her mother to let her know about this, and ask if she could find out any information from her kid. She thanked me for telling her, hasn't called me back yet.<br><br>
I have a few thoughts on this, but am more interested in hearing what other moms have to say. tia

·
Premium Member
3,264 Posts
I would try and find out from my daughter. The situation you describe though, with the secret and hiding qualities and the age difference, would probably make me feel uncomfortable and I would have either gotten DD out of the situation or made myself more obvious so the older kids would knock off the weirdness.<br><br>
Huge run on sentence. Sorry.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was being quiet at first because I wasn't assuming there was anything going on that wouldn't be okay. After I saw the secrecy, in retrospect I might have just gone right in. Though I think it was all over at that point anyway.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts