Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I knew I should have stopped charting. I just knew it would drive me crazy. But my temps have been so steady and they gave me a sense of calm. Until today
My temp went down quite a bit this morning. Now I am worried. I did sleep in a sports bra last night instead of a t-shirt but that's the only thing I could think of that would change the temp. For the past few mornings I have forgotten to temp until after I got up and went to the bathroom. So I got up and went pee and then came back and temped again and it was drastically lower, so it's not that either. I still feel pregnant. Boobs still hurt. Ugh, now I am worried. And we've got family coming in this afternoon and we were going to tell them. This makes me not want to tell them yet.
:

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
I don't know much about charting and temps and all that but I just want to say don't worry too much Rachel. Is there any way you can see your doctor or mw? I think I remember you have a mw, does she do ultrasounds? Is it too early for that? I hope everything is ok and let us know what is going on.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Hi Shelsi,

I just looked at your chart - you're still WAY, WAY above your coverline. More than likely what you're seeing is simply a variation of your high preggo temps.

I know it's useless to tell you not to worry (I worry when there is even less to worry about lol), but with all those lovely postives, you should totally stop charting.

I've read again and again on various TTC sites that most docs advise women to stop charting after getting the BFP - there is simply too much NORMAL fluctuation in temps after BFP, and tracking it can cause a lot of undue anxiety.

((Hugs)) Hang in there!

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I just took my temp again, even though I am up and moving around, and it's way higher than it ever usually was before pregnancy so I am probably just fine. I'm thinking this morning was just a fluke. I think I am done with temping, it's just driving me crazy and causing me worry. Like there aren't enough things in early pregnancy to drive me crazy already lol. Dh just took ds out for a haircut so I am going to lay back with a book and try to forget about it. I guess only time will tell.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by luckydog View Post
Hi Shelsi,

I just looked at your chart - you're still WAY, WAY above your coverline. More than likely what you're seeing is simply a variation of your high preggo temps.

I know it's useless to tell you not to worry (I worry when there is even less to worry about lol), but with all those lovely postives, you should totally stop charting.

I've read again and again on various TTC sites that most docs advise women to stop charting after getting the BFP - there is simply too much NORMAL fluctuation in temps after BFP, and tracking it can cause a lot of undue anxiety.

((Hugs)) Hang in there!
Thank you, that made me feel a lot better

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Awesome! Now if I could just stop taking pregnancy tests (and comparing to see if they get any darker, even though I don't think it's even *possible* for them to get any darker at this point, when the test line is so much darker than the control line lol). I only have one test left, and I think I can restrain myself from buying anymore at this point....

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1278ef

·
Registered
62 Posts
Now, now, you know better than to worry about your temp when it's above or at your coverline *finger wagging* (j/k). I'm glad you're feeling better now, just try to remember we are not robots; our bodies have natural variations and that is totally normal. I know it can be hard, but you have to relax and not worry about your pregnancy until you have a valid reason to worry (spotting, cramping, lower temps, not feeling pregnant, etc. are not valid).

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Things are going to start changing now that the pg is firmly established. My vagina was swollen (the first sign I was pg with ds and this one), but it's not swollen anymore. My cervix was soft, it's now harder. things change. It'll be ok.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts