Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

· Registered
6,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.wherelightmeetsdark.com/i...view&NW_id=418

News is sweeping the world that the body of a male bigfoot has been recovered by researchers in the United States, with photographs now being published.

Matthew Whitton and Rick Dyer of Georgia, USA claim to have recovered the body of a freshly deceased bigfoot. They also claim to have seen a number of living individuals at the time.

The body is now under guard at an undisclosed location and it is expected to be analysed by a number of experts in various fields.

Whitton and Dyer approached notable bigfoot researcher Tom Biscardi who believes the find is genuine.

Based on the evidence of electronic photographs, one of the world's foremost cryptozoologists Loren Coleman believes this may be "the real deal".

Tom Biscardi is expected to appear on Fox News at 7:45 AM Pacific, 10:45 AM Eastern, on Wednesday, August 13, 2008 to make an announcement.

Full article at Cryptomundo

Photo of "thawed creature in freezer" claimed to be the body of a bigfoot and recovered by Matthew Whitton and Rick Dyer of Georgia, USA from the source article where it is credited to Bigfoot Global LLC.

· Registered
6,472 Posts
Wow. This is insane. Incidentally, my local news just showed captured footage of a so-called "chupacabra" (sp?) live and running away from a cop car. The creature caught on tape looked exactly like the bodies of those recovered. Funny how all these "mythical" creatures might be real after all. I'm interested to see what scientists will make of the big foot body.

· Registered
2,963 Posts
In a way, I find myself hoping this is a hoax, for very odd reasons.

The press release says the guys saw others out there, too and aren't disclosing how they came upon the body. What if they stole it from a funeral procession? What if they killed this bigfoot in front of it's entire clan?

I mean, the Mantouk Monster was obviously a dead, bloated raccoon.
The Chupacabra looked like a young dog or coyote with mange.
The bigfoot photo is unmistakably bigfoot, kwim?

I'm one of those people that already know his species exists and I don't want to see a dead one. A live one treated humanely? Oh yeah, I'm all for that! But proving something exists by death and dissection ticks me off.

· Registered
6,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by thixle View Post
In a way, I find myself hoping this is a hoax, for very odd reasons.

The press release says the guys saw others out there, too and aren't disclosing how they came upon the body. What if they stole it from a funeral procession? What if they killed this bigfoot in front of it's entire clan?

I mean, the Mantouk Monster was obviously a dead, bloated raccoon.
The Chupacabra looked like a young dog or coyote with mange.
The bigfoot photo is unmistakably bigfoot, kwim?

I'm one of those people that already know his species exists and I don't want to see a dead one. A live one treated humanely? Oh yeah, I'm all for that! But proving something exists by death and dissection ticks me off.
They found it dead. They didn't kill it.

· Registered
1,786 Posts
This is what I have been wondering for years. Where are the bones of other's dead? Bigfoot is pretty BIG to hide bones. Always made me wonder.....

Glad to see that they are closer to understanding something- one way or the other. I too hope that they just FOUND this creature dead, and that they didn't kill it. I also hope that they in no way upset any other living ones...

· Registered
15,055 Posts
Do you think this is really real?

I too considered that if there were others there that they were in mourning.

What do the native stories from the NW region say about such a creature? That would be good evidence, IMO.

· Registered
6,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I wonder though, how could they pull of a hoax like this?? They had the bigfoot guy come examine it and they're getting scientists to study it.

Just curious but does anybody know how they could make a fake bigfoot? (I mean that could fool people who have touched it)

· Registered
4,012 Posts
If this is real, then its pretty sad.

If "bigfoot" exists they have been very elusive, leading me to believe they are very smart and probably humanistic. Intellegent beings capable of compasion. One of thier own died and the humans came in and took him away. What if the others that were seen were coming to deal with his body (which is why other bodies had not been found) and are greiving? The way he was just put into a freezer, discusting.

· Registered
2,963 Posts
Many of the "bigfoot guys" are serious scientists. Many are hobbyists. Many are testosterone junkies that want to "bag a body."
http://www.searchingforbigfoot.com/ is the official website for the people who found it. Apparently traffic is so bad, I can't access the site to give you guys the names.

I have had several email conversations from the guys at www.bfro.net (Bigfoot Field Researchers Org) and they seem to be completely legit and respectful of the animals and witnesses they talk to. Even my grandmother found them pleasant and respectful, even after she denied them entry to her land. It is a great place for information (and, they even have Jane Goodall as a member). There is also a big section on folklore and native peoples on the site.

Searchingforbigfoot.com said they were keeping the location secret to protect the other animals, but the location is going to leak soon enough.
I'm a little confused because it said they had had it for a few weeks... there is a press conference scheduled for Friday, so now I'm completely excited thinking they will have the DNA testing completed by then!

Of course at the same time, I'm not going to BELIEVE anything about this photo until the evidence is presented. I hope it's a bigfoot body so it can be a recognized species, I hope it's not because of the morality that comes into play. How human are they?

· Registered
4,484 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by lovingmommyhood View Post
I wonder though, how could they pull of a hoax like this?? They had the bigfoot guy come examine it and they're getting scientists to study it.

Because people want to believe. Because some people are really good at fabrication.

Anyone remember the Tasadai? And how even the National Geographic Society believed the hoax (for a while, anyway)?

· Registered
6,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by KaraBoo View Post
Because people want to believe. Because some people are really good at fabrication.

Anyone remember the Tasadai? And how even the National Geographic Society believed the hoax (for a while, anyway)?
So what could they have done covered a human in glue and bear fur?? I mean, come on.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.