Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody used fleece for binding aios or covers instead of FOE? I'm thinking this would be a lot more comfortable. I don't really like the feel of FOE.
Any one tried this? How does it perform?

·
Registered
85 Posts
I think it might end up too thick, depending on the kind of fleece you are using. Plus you would then need elastic instead of the FOE, and I hate doing elastic, so I always use FOE for covers.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Funny you should ask. I have one almost done right now. I'll let you know how it turns out
I just got the fleece binding from walmart. It's too expensive to do a TON of them, though I suppose cost is equivilent to FOE, but then of course, like someone said, I had to add elastic.

I'd have it done already if it wasn't for this silly babe who won't stay asleep!

One thing I've noticed about it already though. It's so soft! I crinkle it up in my hand and the fleece just makes it feel so... soft and.. cuddly.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
i've used fleece for binding lots of times and it works fine. it's like anything else, if it doens't get changed soon/often enough it will evenitually leak. i like it...i think it's a bit of booger to get on sometimes....i just cut a strip off of a big length of fabric for the binding. is there really actual fleece binding that you can buy?

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Yea, I think its fairly new. I saw it first at Joann's a few months ago, then saw it at Walmart just with all the other bindings a few weeks ago. I thought, wth, I'll try it. It gets pretty tedious always having to order stuff online. Nice to have something you can get local.

·
Registered
205 Posts
When I tried making my own fleece binding, it kept getting snagged up in the presser foot. Is there something obvious that I am doing wrong? It's like the foot couldn't really "let go" of it and then move it along...........
I'm thinking that maybe with 4 layers of birdseye also to go thru, I was just asking too much from my machine?

-Leah

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
i used fleece binding on a cpf i cut into a contour shape, worked great, no bunching and is really soft, but its expensive so i probably wont make more, i prefer the plain ol cpfs but have fun, those pics are great by the way!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.