Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have many used Bio Kleen for front loader washers> It says only 2 TBS are needed however clothes Did NOT smell clean/fresh after washing ... best recommendations for a alternative front loader soap.

michele

·
Registered
255 Posts
I just started using seventh generation's lavender scented formula for HE machines. I've done about five loads, some in cold, some in warm and the clothes got really clean and I love the lavender scent.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I like 7th Generation, and Ecover in my f/l. When I can splurge I do buy the german Persil - it's amazing, and produced according to European standards; I'm not sure how truly eco-friendly it is, but it's a good cure for homesickness.

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
I've been using Biokleen powder for 5 years in our front loader. I use a 1/2 scoop for all loads (including diapers- they really do need more soap in a FLer) and a few drops of TTO. If you are used to a super scented detergent, it would probably be a big change. Biokleen works great for us, but the clothes don't have a strong smell when they are clean.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I use BioKleen for our clothes and Allen's Naturally for DD's clothes and dipes. I find that I need to use a little more than the recommended amount for FL. They definately don't "scent" clothes the way other detergents do, but they're clean.
It also matters if you have hard or soft water.
If your water is really soft, you might need less detergent
Hard water may require a little more.
Play around with it...it takes some trial and error
Good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts