Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I'm a bio major and I'm taking plant biology, general chem 2 and physics 2 next quarter. I have never took three science classes at once in college level yet. I feel bit overwhelmed. I'm dreading another quarter of physics...so not my subject. I'm trying to like the subject and see how it can relate to what I will be doing later (I want to be a naturopath or maybe MFT or maybe dietician or maybe...haven't totally decided), but it's hard to see. Like, what the hell am I supposed to do with frequency, car speeding up and down, cosmology?
::yawning:
Anyone have been there? Any advice, tips?

I plan to spend school days (3days out of the week MWF) studying and doing homework, so I don't have to do any school work on my "off" days when I'm with kids.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I've taken all science before in school, and it wasn't too bad. I wasn't a parent at the time though, so I don't know how that will figure in. If you can really focus when you're doing your work, and are able to go back through your notes after classes to help clarify them (try to do it the day of class) you should be just fine though. I once took a bio class, physics, organic chemistry and calculus at the same time - I made it through with minimal studying by going over my notes right after each class and clearing up any kind of ambiguity immediately so I didn't get behind. Again, I wasn't a parent at the time so I'm sure it will be a little different for you.

Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.