Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello. well this is my first post in the mental health forum.

my doctor brought it up to me yesterday that she thinks i might be bipolar. she said she was hesitant to diagnose as i have been going to her only for a few weeks.

anyways, i'm curious to know more about. i did a few googles, but thought i'd ask around here, too.....

is there a way to know for sure if you have it? a blood test?

are there any natural herbal/homeopathic remedies to take? i'm nursing and don't want to take any drugs really. i have been taking homeopathic sepia and it does help sometimes, and sometimes not.

uh...well anything else anyone wants to say about it, i am willing to listen. i'm still feeling a little...i don't know...mixed up! about it, so i guess i'll just keep reading.

TIA for anyone that bothers to read and post.
:

·
Premium Member
16,735 Posts
I am bipolar and also dealing with issues w/ my son...I tried ~everything~ fish oil worked the best. I had an acupuncturist make things much worse (he treated the depresion, not the manic stuff)

Check out the fish oil, Google it and there is much good info about. I urge you not to go too deeply into the bipolar sites bc they can be really negatively drug related. I finally decided to go the drug route along with the fish oil and behavoir mod (which the meds helped)

I hate to even admit it, but ~there it is~ i take meds> its like coming out.

Feel free to IM me if you want to talk more. I really tried everything before i decided on the direction to take my healing, i'm fully functional and very happy with the results, and no bad side effects.

·
Registered
3,924 Posts
Hi, maybe you found our Thread already for Bipolars. we've not kept it going lately. How young is your nursling? I understand of course your great reluctance to use meds in that case and so if it's not totally necesarry , Ie: you arent suicidal or hurting the baby emotionally than perhaps it's something to put off longer if you can.
Beloved, thanks for the links! I am still newly diagnosed so it's nice to have other resources!
~L

1 - 7 of 7 Posts