Mothering Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>Hey, guys. Trying to figure out my options here. I'm adamant about a homebirth this time around, but it's prohibitively expensive. We have Husky, which really limits our options. I've left messages at the office, but I haven't heard back yet, so I was wondering if any of you know.... Does Birth and Beyond take Husky? Is homebirth covered??</p>
<p> </p>
<p>And if not, how much do midwives in CT generally cost? It seems prohibitively expensive but that doesn't leave me many options.</p>

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
<p>From what I understand, yes, Birth&Beyond takes Husky and homebirth is covered.  Though I don't think everything is covered for the homebirth with Husky, like the cost of the birth kit and I think the fee for the birth assistant?  But I could be wrong about that.  I just know I have had friends with Husky use B&B in the past that did have to pay a bit out of pocket, though nowhere near the total it would have cost.</p>
<p>I think the going rate for a homebirth with a CPM (all the other midwives in CT that do homebirths except for B&B are not CNMs) is about $3500.</p>
<p>Hope that helps... and I hope you are able to get the birth you want!  </p>

·
Registered
90 Posts
<p>yes vicky and cpancy take husky. she does not have a office staff worker so it takes a while sometiems so her to get back to you. but call her again and maybe leave more infor..all the best mama..</p>

·
Registered
90 Posts
<p>yes vicky and cpancy take husky. she does not have a office staff worker so it takes a while sometiems so her to get back to you. but call her again and maybe leave more infor..all the best mama..</p>

·
Registered
90 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
<p>yes vicky and cpancy take husky. she does not have a office staff worker so it takes a while somestimes so her to get back to you. but call her again and maybe leave more infor..all the best mama..</p>

·
Registered
90 Posts
<p>and as far as i know you don't have to buy a home birth kit. it is included w what they charge...</p>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts