Mothering Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone doing birth announcements? What are your ideas? I'm stumped.

·
Registered
60 Posts
birth announcements or pregnancy announcements? For my first, I hit 12 weeks around Valentine's Day so I sent out an ultrasound pic with a heart, my due date, and the words "Happy Valentine's Day love, Baby H!" His birth announcements were printed out at Walgreen's from a template they have and I included it in our Christmas cards, 4 months after my son was born.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I'm going to post my kids 1st day of school pics w an ultrasound pic for the baby. All in a collage I think.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Oh, the boys aren't mine! I have the opposite--two dark haired, brown-eyed girls. The photo I posted was my inspiration, I'll post my version as soon as I get around to actually taking it, haha.

I was planning to announce on Facebook as soon as we saw a healthy baby and strong heartbeat at the ultrasound, I've just been too busy/lazy to actually do all the prep for taking the picture! I need to wash the shirts, write "middle" on the toddler's shirt, make sure that the girls are bathed and hair brushed and happy, and then find a good spot with decent lighting to snap the shot... just typing that all out makes me want to take a nap!

·
Registered
244 Posts
I posted this as my announcement last time with the caption "Yes it is". It took a little bit for people to catch on and realize it was an announcement. :) I don't know what I will do this time, but I was thinking of getting a big brother shirt for my toddler and taking a picture.

I don't know if the image is showing up, but it's the Prego advertisement that says "it's in there".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts