Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally finished reading this book. Amen. It was long and although some was interesting and gave good insite, I just couldn't get into it and it took me forever to read. Now I just need a prego friend to help me and I'll be almost done with the first mod (Alace Cbe).

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Yeah I BAAAROP is very dense, and I remember taking it "one chapter at a time." However once I did get more into it, I was so glad I read it, I found it so fascinating.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
great job!

I still re-read the book from time to time. I don't think it's dense, but not engaging or new.

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
I loved that book! Totally eye-opening once you get into it. Esp. the chapter on brainwashing and medical school, IMO. RDF has a website, too. I'm an anthropologist at heart, so I think I'm with Janet

·
Registered
996 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by JanetF View Post
I love it!! My degree is partly in anthropology though so perhaps it's My Thang
It really speaks to me!
: I was a cultural anthropology major so I actually read and loved this book when I was in college. It had a lot impact on the birth choices I ended up making.

·
Premium Member
8,105 Posts
Right. I LOVED the...ideas. But, and I'm a fairly well read person (and a social scientist, as well, have a degree in Psychology...), the writing style bored me to tears. It was the reading equivalent of eating sawdust. The information was FACINATING...but I couldn't believe how she managed to make it sooooo dry. I literally had to take it a paragraph at a time sometimes. Just me. I'm gald I DID read it, but I don't see myself picking it up again for "pleasure" any time soon!

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by courtenay_e View Post
Right. I LOVED the...ideas. But, and I'm a fairly well read person (and a social scientist, as well, have a degree in Psychology...), the writing style bored me to tears. It was the reading equivalent of eating sawdust. The information was FACINATING...but I couldn't believe how she managed to make it sooooo dry. I literally had to take it a paragraph at a time sometimes. Just me. I'm gald I DID read it, but I don't see myself picking it up again for "pleasure" any time soon!
This is how I felt to. I just couldn't get into the style it was written in. An as a pp said the info on the ob training was really insightful. It was just a tough book for me to read.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I have been trying so hard to get through this book. The topic is fascinating but I find it a difficult read. Maybe I will try the "one chapter at a time" method. I think I've been working on it for almost a year!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.