Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i remembered i'd had a very vivid birth dream back in dec last year and it had affected me more than others had. i woke up really missing my new baby and feeling so connected to her.

well i went back and searched my posts because i was curious as to when exactly this dream was, and it turns out it was dec 23, which is right around when i'm due. i'm so excited by this discovery and feel so connected to this baby now. like she was trying to let me know she'd be coming. i feel like i know her now. i'm also afraid that i'm setting myself up for some disappointment if for example i find out this baby is a boy. especially since i find myself subconsciously referring to this baby as a boy.

has anyone else had a dream like this and actually had their baby on the dream day? this type of stuff really fascinates me....it was a really nice birth too....:LOL

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
well, being a first time mom, I have no experience with dreams on future due dates coming true. However, I relate to your experience. I had a very vivid dream (my only one so far) of the birth of my baby about a month ago. Like yours, the birth went well, I succeeded in doing it drug free, and the result was clearly a baby boy. Since then I just have been going around acting like the baby is a boy (I call the baby he for instance). I think it will really surprise me if I find out I'm having a girl instead. Not that I wouldn't like a girl, I just don't think of the baby as female.

It will be very interesting come December to see how our dreams relate to reality.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Argh. I had the opposite--a very vivid miscarriage dream last night. It was very graphic visually, but not painful. It was very upsetting! I haven't had any birth dreams at all yet. I'm hoping it's just an anxiety dream and not prophetic!!!

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
I have had only one birth dream in which I gave birth to two very tiny very fuzzy twin girls!

Eurditia- don't worry about that dream for along time I dreamnt I was bleading and the baby was gone every night! I think it's just anxiety

·
Registered
685 Posts
While pregnant with Martin all my dreams were of me having a girl...but my feeling was that it was a boy...so it was very strange! No dreams this time around...and not a real strong feeling about the sex of this baby..so we shall see!

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
eruditia,
i had a few scary miscarriage dreams at the beginning of this pregnancy

so i went to teach a violin lesson this morning and my student said she had a dream that i was pregnant even though i hadn't told her yet. that was pretty crazy.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
I remember having horrrible dreams with my last pregnancy and PP. I recently had my "first for this pregnancy" birth dream, and thankfully it was "uneventful"

·
Registered
938 Posts
about a month before we got pg i dreamt that dh and i were on a beautiful white bed in a sunny room and there was a sweet little girl with long dark hair, about 5 years old, just laughing and laughing, and i was holding an infant (about 6 months) boy with huge blue eyes and blonde blonde hair and he kept kissing my face and giggling. i am convinced that this baby (our first) is a girl. in part because of that dream.

about two months after we got pg, a friend that we haven't heard from in _years_ e-mailed and said he had dreamt that dh was a daddy, so he wonderd if he was. isn't that crazy? i truly believe that we put these things into the universe and receptive spirits and people find them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.