Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure I'm not the only one who's starting to have birth dreams!

I tore really bad with ds & I have been working on not going into this birth holding onto this fear. I think I'm starting to come around. The other night I had the following dream:

I was on a beach with a big fire. There were lots of people around but they were inconsequential to the events & not really involved. Dh was there but off to the side. Around the fire was a bamboo structure with a big post to one side. Hanging on the post was an amulet & then I hung a special hat I had made on it as well.

I squatted beside the fire & easily & quickly the baby came.

Almost immediately I was in a canoe with the baby & dh was there. I was telling him about the birth & how easy it was & how I didn't tear - was just a little bit tender feeling. It was really intimate & sensual.

I know I won't be giving birth on a beach but I like the idea of it being easy!

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Most of my pg dreams are not good at this point but I did want to comment on the tearing. With ds1 I tore fairly bad. With ds 2 he came quickly and I tore a decent amount but not bad. With ds 3 and dd1 I breathed through the pushing, concentrated on them slowly coming out. Also I hD my fingers on my pereium and guided the baby out. I had mini ul tearing. I stayed in bed for 3 days and opted not to be stitched. The recovery was great and everything healed way Better than the first two. So there are things you can do to minimize the tearing and the discomfort.

·
Registered
899 Posts
I have always had birth dreams all through my pregnancies. Usually it's a fast, painless birth, and it's a boy(I only have daughters IRL lol) This (my 4th) pregnancy I started out having a couple of awful miscarriage/stillborn dreams and once I could feel the baby moving regularly they stopped and now I'm back to my easy births except this time it's a girl in my dreams. And once it was a bee. Yes a bumblebee, that breastfeeds.

I got an episiotomy with #1 which tore and I had a 4th degree tear. That is horrible and makes for a depressing babymoon! I had twinges for months down there. #2 was born, a pound heavier, much larger head, and shorter body, no tearing whatsoever. #3 was larger than #1 also, no tearing. I feel your birthing position has alot to do with it, and of course don't let yourself get cut. I was 18 and there was no internet at the time for me to have learned this stuff beforehand.

I know there are things you can do to help your perineum become stronger/stretchable, I never got into it bc I didn't feel the need to but some women need to. I hope your dream has given you relief and helped you let go of this fear...for me, once I understand my dream, that issue is resolved. I am big on dreams and their meanings. It'd be nice to know what having a baby who is a bumblebee that breastfeeds means but I doubt I'll ever figure that one out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.